PDA

View Full Version : a good body shop?

LukeManic
03-01-05, 09:24 PM
guys, ive saved up some cash and my arches are starting to look bit messy - they are not bad bad but it starting to show and i dont want it looking rough (it's in white too) :?

so i want to take it to a bodyshop to get it sorted, but im really worried bout going to a dodgey place and paying a load for a crap job - I've looked after my car and dont want some cowboy to come along and mess it up, I personally have no experience in bodywork, so its outta the question of me trying to sort it.

so is there anything i could look out for while hunting round for a good bodyshop? and any experiences u lot have had would be great.

cheers

Ricks
03-01-05, 09:58 PM
make sure if the rust gets worse tht the guy who does it just dosent fibreglass ova it like someone did on mine.and left the rust there now it needs doin again it only got done abt 7 month ago.
just make sure there ant loads of cars cause it will take ages

LukeManic
06-01-05, 12:52 PM
just got back from a local bodyshop - a guy came out to look over my nova and the spots that needed attention (rear arches). They aren't that far gone, its just started to bleed at the bottom, but they guy said there is no point in doing them as it will just return and if u really did want to do it it will cost you ?600 for the job! He said to just leave it go - i aint to impressed :(

Riggy
06-01-05, 06:59 PM
lol dont listen to the guy

if you are serious about keepin the car and its structually sound then get it done , it will cost about 200 to 300 for both arches if they are gonna fit new rear arches

pm srs1 as he knows of a bodyshop/tuners around the e.port/chester area that did his and it is a very good job :D

Matt2107
07-01-05, 11:41 AM
He was just being lazy, bet he didnt want the work.

My brother took a mini to the body shop and they quoted him ?600 a day labour for 3 days work making a total of ?1800 for welding the floor pans, whole rear valance and the front arch.

Will
07-01-05, 11:57 AM
He was just being lazy, bet he didnt want the work.

My brother took a mini to the body shop and they quoted him ?600 a day labour for 3 days work making a total of ?1800 for welding the floor pans, whole rear valance and the front arch.

they didnt want the work and if they got it they would be getting silly money to do it :lol:

Matt2107
07-01-05, 01:17 PM
Thieving b*stards.

Not as bad as the time when my gf was told that her tyres were out of date and also out of shape.

Yes she is blond, and yes thankfully she told them to shove it.

nam
07-01-05, 04:41 PM
lol dont listen to the guy

if you are serious about keepin the car and its structually sound then get it done , it will cost about 200 to 300 for both arches if they are gonna fit new rear arches

pm srs1 as he knows of a bodyshop/tuners around the e.port/chester area that did his and it is a very good job :D

srs1's is a VERY good job, i would take mine to the place he got his done if i was you mate :+: top job

srs1
12-01-05, 12:34 PM
cost me ?315 for the new rear arch to be fitted, rolled and whole rear quarter resprayed. plus had a plate welded in the inside too.

Matt Nova
12-01-05, 01:33 PM
i got quoted ?200 to fit near rear arches spray both sides inc de-vinyl and i was whinging at that lol

wow