PDA

View Full Version : Induction kit on carbed engine

mad-driver
03-01-05, 04:14 PM
Now before you reply telling me you cannot do this etc, please read on. I am aware that you cannot fit induction kits to non-injected cars to i stumbled across this earlier...

http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/gallery/waynelevene.htm

Now that is a 1400 SR engine? But it has a pipercross induction kit on it. Does anyone know how this mod has been done, because you may see ontop of the carb there is a little cap which looks as though it directs the air into it; making it possible to fit the induction kit.

Can anyone please let me know if they know how to do it etc..

cheers

dunova
03-01-05, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure how he's done it TBH, but also why do you want to do it? I don't think it'll give you any extra gains (compared to a normal k&n or similar) but would look nice :lol:

Cheeze
03-01-05, 04:23 PM
the part on top of the crab looks like its froma single point corsa i could be wrong tho, but im sure it is

mad-driver
03-01-05, 04:36 PM
im not saying i want to do it just intrieged as to how it can be done. I just got a K&N for mine all i need now is an air feed pipe

Stuart
03-01-05, 04:59 PM
that looks to be a 1.4 i engine (single point injection)

you can make stuff to fit a cone filter on that you may find more suited to an injection setup. but to be honest you wont gain much that way. your best bet is a dedicated bolt on filter to give that "noise" and maybe half a horsepower more lol

Cheeze
03-01-05, 05:22 PM
no it is an sr engine, u can see the fuel pump at the timing belt end of the engine, as i said im sure i seen the plastic part on a corsa before guys

burgo
03-01-05, 05:36 PM
cheeze if you follow the link you will find this as his engine description
ENGINE
Vauxhall Nova 1400cc, 4-cylinder, 8 valve, injection engine (H reg).
Pipercross Induction Kit.
Custom Vectra GSi/Nova GSi backbox.
5-speed box.

mad-driver
03-01-05, 07:13 PM
he has a point though, it may be an injected engine from an sri, but it does look strangely like a carbed model (as it looks like their is a pierberg carb under the black box)

but im unsure of what it is, all i know is it looks identical to mine, bar the induction kit

burgo
03-01-05, 07:28 PM
the spi and pieberg carb do look similar but you can tell the difference ill try and get a pic of both to show you

PeteG
03-01-05, 07:49 PM
Thats def a carb on there, as the black circle on the left side is the vacumn servo for the second choke of the 2E carb. The top plate/chamber is off a Mk3 cav 1.6 pre-facelift. As these run the same carb. They also run a airbox in the cav which explain this setup.

Aragorn
03-01-05, 08:12 PM
yer its a mk3 cav 1.4/1.6 carb airbox with a cone filter attached