PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers info/experience please

Chris
03-01-05, 11:51 AM
Has anyone used GAZ or know of somebody who has used them? I am looking into buying this setup http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=133_772_1036_1100_1104&products_id=8847 but with them being new to the market there isnt really any good write up's any where. Can anyone help please?

Chris

Lee H
04-01-05, 08:53 AM
I've just bought some Gaz coilovers for my car but haven't driven on them yet. Must say they look a lot better quality than the shitty Avo coilovers they replaced (avoid them at all costs). My reason for buying the Gaz ones are they do a shortened shocker body which only Leda do as well as all the other coilovers are to long and kept bottoming out when running low!!

Ian
04-01-05, 12:37 PM
I've just bought some Gaz coilovers for my car but haven't driven on them yet. Must say they look a lot better quality than the s**t Avo coilovers they replaced (avoid them at all costs). My reason for buying the Gaz ones are they do a shortened shocker body which only Leda do as well as all the other coilovers are to long and kept bottoming out when running low!!

awaits dan seeing this lol

nova---chris
04-01-05, 12:40 PM
perhaps ian. but lee was running much lower with his setup!

Lee H
04-01-05, 01:03 PM
I've just bought some Gaz coilovers for my car but haven't driven on them yet. Must say they look a lot better quality than the s**t Avo coilovers they replaced (avoid them at all costs). My reason for buying the Gaz ones are they do a shortened shocker body which only Leda do as well as all the other coilovers are to long and kept bottoming out when running low!!

awaits dan seeing this lol

My opinion, Avo's were reasonable with the 1.6 in, bearable with the XE but horrible with the turbo in and the seals popped with the turbo in. Mustn't like the extra weight I guess!!