PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers

jame5
03-01-05, 12:08 AM
Right am wondering if the owners of the following cars or if you have something the same (pics below) could help me??????

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2074

And

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2084

What colour have you sprayed your bumpers and how do u keep them that colour (i.e stop them fading in the sun etc).

Cheers for the help lads

James

NickWalliams
03-01-05, 12:30 AM
Simple mate, back to black and bumper care and lots of elbow gease will get bumpers lookin like that.
or
My old front one had been flicked over with black paint, and that gave the same effect.

jame5
03-01-05, 12:34 AM
so its just standard grey bumpers with a sh!t load of back to black and elbow grease involved.

James

NickWalliams
03-01-05, 12:42 AM
More than likely mate, or as i say you can get a sprayer to flick em over with some black paint so as just to colour them, but it tends to cack off after a while!

dunova
03-01-05, 12:42 AM
Don't think they're standard mate. I think they might have been sprayed 'anthracite' but don't quote me on that.

dunova
03-01-05, 12:45 AM
TBH jame5, looking at your car i would keep the bumpers colour coded. Imo grey bumpers on a black car just dont look right.

jame5
03-01-05, 12:52 AM
anno but ma car has not got the best spray jobs to start with and i was considering a respray in glacier white with anthracite sprayed gsi bumpers. but the bumpers on the cars above dont look like they are sprayed in anthracite.

James

Riggy
03-01-05, 12:56 AM
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2074big.jpg

nicks bumper isnt sprayed its just a brand new gsi one :D

NickWalliams
03-01-05, 12:59 AM
Sri one :wink:

jame5
03-01-05, 01:00 AM
cool it looks the minted

How much is a brand new Gsi Bumper?

Can you not get a second hand one to look like that with a lot of back to black or something.

James

cornish
03-01-05, 01:02 AM
Olive Oil mixed with a little bit of water makes a cheap alternative to Back to Black :)

Riggy
03-01-05, 01:05 AM
Sri one :wink:

lol gsi one :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/j829nick/IMG_0577.jpg

jame5
03-01-05, 01:05 AM
Olive Oil mixed with a little bit of water makes a cheap alternative to Back to Black

LOL

NickWalliams
03-01-05, 01:10 AM
Different pics :lol:

A brand new bumper is ?115+VAT off vauxhall weather it be gsi or standard.

And when u get it it will be very grey! Engine oil is a quick way of gettin a bit of colour outta ur bumpers, although ive never tried it myself!

And u will be lucky if u can get a GM GSi bumper in grey!

Nick
03-01-05, 12:52 PM
no worries children, i've arrived.

As riggy said my new bumper is a GSi one..

my bumpers aren't sprayed, i use a back to black called "carplan - trim wax" i think, look it technical, or styling, i put up a post saying what i use because so many people ask me.

you have to be commited as you gotta do it everytime you wash the car, to keep it up. Altho it does last alot longer than other spray on back 2 blacks

A brand new bumper is ?115+VAT off vauxhall weather it be gsi or standard.

And when u get it it will be very grey! Engine oil is a quick way of gettin a bit of colour outta ur bumpers, although ive never tried it myself!

And u will be lucky if u can get a GM GSi bumper in grey!

erm.. right.

i got my GSi front bumper for ?150 including postage, from a place near tamworth (will give you the phone no if you need it) it wasn't ?115.

The standard bumpers are about ?50 from sel imperial.

it wont be very grey. it will be anthracite. 1 back to black and it's the same as the photo jame5 initially posted up (standard bumper)

Engine oil - that'l just pap out in the rain, and wont add colour, just make them a shade darker.

if they're that rare, i may as well go and buy about 20 of them from the same place i got mine and sell them to muppets for ?200 each. bargain.

NickWalliams
03-01-05, 01:49 PM
Bumpers are ?115+vat off VAUXHALL, FACT.

You got yours off someone who had ur 'idea' first. They ripped you off!

And I paid ?35+vat each for my bumpers.