PDA

View Full Version : 2litre 16v conversion need help

chug1106
02-01-05, 04:35 PM
hi. wondering ig any one can help me. i have picked up a 1.2i single point injection nova. so far i taken the engine out but left wiring in. i have also just purchased a calibra 2litre 16value car with a h cavalier red top engine.im almost finished the seam welding. so im ready to take the engine out the calibra and try and stick it in. what do need for the conversion. can anyone give some help or tips on how to do this coversion. also want a digi dash. cheers

srs1
02-01-05, 04:41 PM
you need the following.

nova gte 22 spline shafts.
mk2 cav inner cv's 22 spline
std gte outta cv's
you need conversion kit from valver.com
you need to knock you inner wing in, make room for alternator
you need (suggest) gte/gsi/sri radiator bigger then std
you need bigger brakes
i suggest yo keep the diagnostics plug from the car for any tech probs
i recomend you change the water pump and cam belt whilst engine is out

Philsutton
02-01-05, 04:43 PM
also you need to either run an oil cooler or not, if not then you need to change the oil filter sandwich plate. Also your bottom pulley will need the power steering pump pulley machined off as that will catch on the inner wing as well.

chug1106
03-01-05, 06:35 PM
Cheers for that. how hard is it to run the oil cooler.Whats the best thing to do about the oil cooler. does any one know any good web sites with a step to step guide

chug1106
03-01-05, 06:44 PM
also where abouts would i get one of these sandwich plates from

Stuart
03-01-05, 06:46 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103996

has links to 2 pages of a mag article about fitting them

chug1106
19-01-05, 11:25 PM
well thats my nova all welded up. im about to take the old ecu out the nova,do i just the plug off that goes to the ecu as close as possible to the ecu.leaving the whole loom in apart from the plug and the ecu its self

Aragorn
20-01-05, 12:29 AM
no leave the plug where it is

if u cut it off there will be live wires n shit bare in the bundle and u dont want that, at least if they are in the plug they are insulated so cant short out

chug1106
20-01-05, 10:14 PM
so do i leave the old ecu in. i dont really understand how to go about this who wiring thing at all. can some tell me in detail how to do it all please. it would be much appreciated

Aragorn
21-01-05, 09:34 AM
leave the old ecu where it is,

the 20xe loom is independant

take it thru the bulkhead behind the battery and sit the ecu on the drivers parcel shelf

wire everything up (perm live to red, ground to brown, continous ignition live to black, fuel pump to the thin red/blue off the fuel pump relay, green to rev counter, brown/blue to brown/blue on back of dash) and your off

you will need to remove the 1.2i pump from the tank and replace it with a mpi pump from a multipoint injected cav/astra/cally/corsa/vectra etc

and you'll need all the stuff above

chug1106
21-01-05, 06:28 PM
cheers mate. take it i leave the old ecu connected or just pull the plug out. will the pump from my calibra fit

chug1106
21-01-05, 10:22 PM
just had a look at the ecu from the calibra. see the loom from the ecu,there is also a wee loom going to a couple of black boxs and then the wires go up into the dash,do i need them