PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Exhaust For My Nova

sTuDeNt
02-01-05, 04:28 PM
I am still strugling to find an exhaust for my 1.2 saloon. No one and I mean no one does any sort of exhausts or what I am after is unrestricted back box for my car. It is getting really nnoying now as my back box restricts so much when I open second throtle on 32/34 DMTL weber when accelerating car instead of increasing acceleration it actually drops quiet a bit. The only good acceleration i get is by only using one throtle valve and this is just daft!
I was thinking somehow making my carrent back box less restrictive. I have no idea how at the moment so only help will be much appreciated. I was also thinking of putting different back box lets say from any 2.0L Vauxhall or something like it.

Can you guys please help! :roll:

Philsutton
02-01-05, 04:41 PM
if you any good at welding im sure you could use a hatch back box an weld on the extra piping

sTuDeNt
02-01-05, 04:49 PM
It is possible but I am now will be facing problem of mounting new one to the boot floor which is not exectly strong and there will be constant vibration which will cause more troubles then good. :roll:
Come on Phil you are technically minded what else can I do?

There are two problems!

1. The tail pipe on the saloon is way too long
2. Mounting Universal in no good as we have mounting problems

Philsutton
02-01-05, 04:55 PM
cant say ive ever really had a good long look under a saloon but do the chasis rails run all the way to back of the car? With mine i have a box on each side, on the drivers side there was no bracket but we made on up an fixed it to the chasis rail which was more than strong enough to take it. If you add some piping to the exhaust nearer the axle side of the box then the tail pipe will be much shorter but you will need to move the moutning bracket

sTuDeNt
02-01-05, 05:02 PM
I am not too sure about the chassi running all the way to the back, but last time i was under mine it didnt look like it. :roll:
Thats what I was saying mate, its an option but its a paint in the back side.
Can I just opent the box up, remove the gates inside (lets say every other one) and then close it up.

Philsutton
02-01-05, 05:04 PM
Yep sure can, my mate did this with his. He cut open the back box an removed everything almost, then welded it back up. It made ever so loud though.

sTuDeNt
02-01-05, 05:08 PM
Ugh... :P
I am really trying to keep is as quite as possible! 8) No really!

Gues removing things inside should not be a big deal then!

Philsutton
02-01-05, 05:10 PM
take some out of it an see how it goes, it shouldnt be that loud if you have other siliencers in the system

sTuDeNt
02-01-05, 05:12 PM
I dont have middle silencer only back box. I gues if i just remove every other one then it should be ok?

Aragorn
03-01-05, 10:44 AM
i baught a full ashlye system for my saloon and took it to an exhaust place who chopped the tialpipe off and welded some stainless pipe in between the backbox and the tailpipe so it now sits properly at he rear bumper

only cost me ?20 too

sTuDeNt
04-01-05, 01:42 AM
Full ashley system for saloon? Do they make one? Or is it just a case of standart hatch one and then you took it and welded some more piping to it?