PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40s Alternator Bracket??

NovaBen
01-01-05, 08:41 PM
I've heard that when fitting Twin Webbers on a 1600 lump, the alternator bracket has to be modified/new one made? Does anyone know where i can get one or what the actual modification is??
Cheers
Ben

Nick
01-01-05, 08:44 PM
yes you need a new alternator bracket, as i think the carbs foul the alternator in it's current position.

So , just ring up demon-tweeks, explain that you are putting T40's on, and ask if they can supply you with an Alternator bracket.

IIRC you need a different alternator belt as well...

Other things you need are throttle linkages e.t.c and a fuel pressure regulator !

crash_ndie
01-01-05, 08:49 PM
right ull need a new inlet manifold and alt bracket

i dont no what ya have got at the mo (as in parts) but you can buy a inlet manifold and al bracket as a set from www.demondtweeks.co.uk ullprobly find em cheaper else were but not by much. you might want 2 up rate ya fule pump 2..

what engine ya running m8 1.6 gte or is it on a carb ?

NovaBen
01-01-05, 08:51 PM
Its a GSi lump, already got the inlet manifold, carbs and Facet fuel pump, just needed to know about the alternator bracket! thats the only thing thats holding us back now!
cheers

crash_ndie
01-01-05, 09:04 PM
where ya at m8 ive a spr 1 but cant b assed posting if u ave a gte lump ull need 2 alter the water hoses not a big problem tho ur local factors will sort that out. also might be easyer for u to use a 1.4 coil and dizzy (less wires) again not a big problem and a alt belt larger by bout 25 mm

Jack
01-01-05, 11:28 PM
Hey Ben, how many novas have you got now then? :wink: Tuning sell various bits for Webers, have a look here (http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/) under Vauxhall - Nova - Inlet Manifolds & Carbs. Thats where I was going to get alternator bracket and etcs for my old T40s from.