PDA

View Full Version : A*sehole motorfactors

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:10 PM
Got a gasket set from a local motorfactors in scunny, and it was missing the gasket for between the head and the cam, so i went back up near to closing time and said the set was missing a gasket. I got the reply of "that gasket doesnt come in the set" and "i dont think we do that gasket and i dont know where you could get one, next please" what a nobber, so obvious he just wanted to get in the pub. I hate people like that, all i wanted to do was get the damn car finished then a prick like that interferes :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
[/RANT]

epo
01-01-05, 08:11 PM
what company was that?

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:17 PM
FMS mate, not had a problem with them before like

Nick
01-01-05, 08:18 PM
sounds like a complete to55er

epo
01-01-05, 08:21 PM
try harrisons round the corner from me well cheap or ae cooks :wink:

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:28 PM
u like cookies dont ya mate lol, reckon they might be open 2moro??

Riggy
01-01-05, 08:28 PM
andy you dont have a gasket between the head and the cam carrier is just that sealent stuff

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:29 PM
u sure?? im thort i put a gasket on that for me SRi, cant remember tho

Riggy
01-01-05, 08:32 PM
lol you should have your head gasket, exuast and inlet gaskets and then the rocker cover gasket :lol:

ps hows the white one comin on

Chris
01-01-05, 08:35 PM
Riggy is right, you dont need a gasket for that mate, it is just sealant but make sure both edges are nice an clean

Chris

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:38 PM
lol the white one is f**ked. keep finding more surface rust lol, only kiddin mate. Wont start now :roll: . It was stuck in the middle of the street, one of the wheels is ceased so two of us couldnt push it, so i pushed the front of it with the front of my car, almost ripped the numberplate off, managed to get it in the driveway tho, shame its all uphill!!
I think its a head problem with it, used a fair bit of water. gonna drop the engine out as soon as the scrappy picks the red one up

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:40 PM
Riggy is right, you dont need a gasket for that mate, it is just sealant but make sure both edges are nice an clean

Chris
Right ill ge some sealent for it 2moro, what is it called?? hopefully get chelles running for MK meet, doubt it that we will be going in mine, steering being so unreliable

Riggy
01-01-05, 08:42 PM
lol blody hell

excuse for a decent engine in it lol :lol:

hendrix
01-01-05, 08:46 PM
yup, as soon as a get off me lazy arse and take the valver to chris's lol. was thinkin of puttin that GTE engine in for the time being. Oh and the oil pressure gauge dont work properly lol

Riggy
01-01-05, 08:58 PM
lol the presure gauge wont as the 1.2i doesnt have the sender lol

:lol:

epo
01-01-05, 09:03 PM
u like cookies dont ya mate lol, reckon they might be open 2moro??

yeah got some stuff from there t'other day cheap as chips

Riggy
01-01-05, 09:09 PM
90p :o they are cheap :wink: :wink:

epo
01-01-05, 09:29 PM
90p :o they are cheap :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Jules
02-01-05, 03:04 AM

Chris

Riggy and Chris are right - no gasket there.

I bet the guy in the motor factors had a chuckle at your expense when he got to the pub!! lol
:lol:

hendrix
02-01-05, 07:40 PM
yeah probably, i felt like a rite tit :lol:

Nova~Lolly
03-01-05, 10:50 AM
startin to get well pissed off now with all these novas im thinking they shud all be scrapped.all 5 have had something repeatetively wrong with them.becoming a joke i rekon and a bloody expensive one at that
think u can count me n andreas out for the mk meet unless we can fly or summiin!!!! :evil: