PDA

View Full Version : MOT .................wheeeeeelz

alxlaw
01-01-05, 02:44 PM
ok iv done loads(eccept an engine transplant) to my car now i was a bit of a cheap skate with the alloys they were 150 squid, and there not that bad lookin only thing is they were off a vw golf?!?! so the offset is all wrong, now to pass the mot im gonna put the 13" back on but for "the real world" id like to put my alloys on afterwards, trouble is kwik fit say the weels cant be tracked and from the side they look like there at some dodgy angle and im not going thru the same bo**ox with the nova as i did with the fez, i was gettin thru tyres like theres no tomorrow coz the angle was all wrong is there anything i can do my self, other than buy new alloys

oh and to the scally f**kers that robbed my system last night may you burn in your mothers vomit you sh*t eating scum f**kin b***ards

Nick
01-01-05, 02:47 PM
kwik fit are talking shit

IIRC Vw offset isn't tooo far away from vauxhall offset

take it somewhere where they know what there talking about

technically, if your wheels protrude outside the line of the arches (looking from the front) , so if they stick out, it's illegal, for some reason ?

Philsutton
01-01-05, 02:48 PM
also if they catch on anything you will get f**ked over for it an the police will take it off the road when it goes for an mot, well they did to me

Will
01-01-05, 02:51 PM
is there anything i can do my self, other than buy new alloys

oh and to the scally f**kers that robbed my system last night may you burn in your mothers vomit you sh*t eating scum f**kin b***ards

learn to spell and buy an alarm

Jack
01-01-05, 06:53 PM
technically, if your wheels protrude outside the line of the arches (looking from the front) , so if they stick out, it's illegal, for some reason ?

I thought this was true too... but I can't find any mention of it in the MOT guide.

skud52
01-01-05, 07:17 PM
its not the wheel, its the tyre, if that sticks out further than the arch it will fail,

thats why mk1 golfs and so on with 13" x 8" wheels use stretched tyres plus they look mint

Aragorn
01-01-05, 07:26 PM
golf is ET38 vaux is ET49

11mm is a lot

your camber problem is more than likely due to lowering, lowering a nova xauses negative camber

alxlaw
05-01-05, 08:35 PM
for the record "will" im very very very dislexic to the extent i couldnt spell my full name in year 6 at school.....ha ha ha very funny im sure, but would you take the piss outta a guy in a wheel chair?, nuf said, and as for the alarm, it was locked in a garage on my dads property, and they broke in thru the back of the garage thru a panel, anyway i still hate all skallys n chavs, and any way back to the car how do i acurately alter the camber angle without a kwik fit fitta at hand?, or am i just being as stupid as "will"

am kiddin fella dont take offence! :wink:

Jack
05-01-05, 09:26 PM
but would you take the p**s outta a guy in a wheel chair

http://www.wellcoolstuff.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/louandandypic.jpg

Yes.

lol.... on the camber, there was a post ages ago about it - involved enlarging the hole at the top and welding a washer in a slightly different place thus altering the camber.... I'm sure someone has more details about this?

Chris
06-01-05, 06:28 AM
it is in the how-to articles. Follow the links at top left

Chris

boredbloke
06-01-05, 01:12 PM
I'm waiting to get pulled on my tyres they're only slightly too wide for the car,

they're the 205/50/15 tyres everyone said weren't nova friendly..... :?

The don't rub or anything so I don't quite understand why the aren't "friendly" :?:

Will
06-01-05, 01:24 PM
for the record "will" im very very very dislexic to the extent i couldnt spell my full name in year 6 at school.....ha ha ha very funny im sure, but would you take the p**s outta a guy in a wheel chair?, nuf said, and as for the alarm, it was locked in a garage on my dads property, and they broke in thru the back of the garage thru a panel, anyway i still hate all skallys n chavs, and any way back to the car how do i acurately alter the camber angle without a kwik fit fitta at hand?, or am i just being as stupid as "will"

am kiddin fella dont take offence! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: