PDA

View Full Version : single wiper help as i dont have one and its raining:)

te17@novasgonemad
31-12-04, 12:27 PM
rite i cant weld as dont have the tools how can i get a single wiper wots the various ways??

david dixon
02-01-05, 05:19 PM
Use a uno wiper and motor but you will have to bolt it through the panel below your window! but no welding!

Aragorn
03-01-05, 10:38 AM
then get someone who can weld to weld the Tpiece up for you

i wouldnt stick no skanky uno motor any where near my car but i suppose thats personal preference

banny2k
04-01-05, 12:18 AM
or buy a single wiper conversion kit. Comes with new rotating arms so you keep your motor and no welding

Alex
04-01-05, 01:26 PM
just a huge bill for what is really just a simple piece of metal

te17@novasgonemad
04-01-05, 02:30 PM
anyone got a guide of what i need to do welding wise vauxhall are doing it for me if i cut it and all it needs is a few tacks

Aragorn
04-01-05, 03:58 PM
take the middle t piece off, cut about 8mm of metal out of the long bit of it and cut the part of it that normally goes to the drivers wiper off completely

weld it back together and refit

te17@novasgonemad
04-01-05, 06:51 PM
what arm do i use, ive got a early 306 rear arm will this fit on the nova stub

Aragorn
04-01-05, 11:51 PM
yup im using a late 306 plastic smooth arm (rear) and 19" bosch blade

i find bosch blades are shite tho cos they die within 1 or 2 months, gonna try another brand in the near future i think

std halfords blades dont fit the pug arm either which is annoying

on a side note even tho everyone seems to think the smooth plastic arms were only fitted to early 306's i was told by the pug dealer the smooth plastic arms are only used on the later ones and also on newer pugs like teh 307

Custom_Calibra_Nova
06-01-05, 10:22 PM
Hi. just one point to note. i had a single wiper on my astra GTE with centre park. i got stopped 4 times in one day for it! centre park looks the biz but the law dont like it. oh, btw, the arms inside the bulkhead are gonna b a tight fit but you can avoid fouling with a bit of adjustment.