PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.5 td engine moutings to fit 97 corsa

jayseeblue
30-12-04, 08:44 PM
Hi there

I'm putting a H reg Nova 1.5 td engine into a 1997 Corsa 1.5 td. I am told that I need the engine mountings off an L reg Corsa 1.5 td to make the job possible. Does this sound correct and do I need all three? Also L reg is difficult to find- does anyone know all the years that I can look for ie- is it say, K to N (93 to 96) or is it just L reg? I could buy, then find out but the scapyards don't do refunds!!

Any replies greatly appreciated.

jayseeblue

sTuDeNt
30-12-04, 08:49 PM
Hi!

May I appoligise for not being of any help but I have rather interesting question!

Why on earth would you want to do such a thing to your car?

jayseeblue
30-12-04, 09:16 PM
Because the existing engine is knackered and it's the same engine in the nova!

Riggy
30-12-04, 09:19 PM
you should be able to just use you existing engine mounts i think

sTuDeNt
30-12-04, 09:58 PM
Oh ok!

I would stick to what riggy said.

jayseeblue
31-12-04, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys

I'm now wondering if I've had some advice that only applies to my situation! The catch is that someone has dropped a 1.7 td engine in my 1.5 td Corsa. After what you've written I've checked the haynes and they may be different mountings, it's difficult to tell. Hence, the advice to get different montings for the nova engine???..... I thought the 1.5td and 1.7td were basically the same engines just different cc.

Thanks for the replies

jayseblue

Aragorn
31-12-04, 10:50 AM
the only mount that will change is the drivers side one

and iirc u will defo need a 1.5td CORSA mount, nova and corsa have totally different mounting points at the car end of the mount

why replace the 1.7 u have with a 1.5?

surely the 1.7 is more powerful and cant be tuned further??

jayseeblue
03-01-05, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the replies

I'm changing it back to 1.5 because when the 1.7td engine was put in, the 1.5td bits ie- fuel pump and injectors were used. The car makes a terrible noise at 3000 rpm upwards and smokes a lot and misses for first 5 minutes of running, also fuel econ down by 20%. I'm told by the garage that the cause is the wrong pump and injectors but I don't want to risk taking them out and replacing with correct parts and finding I've still got a problem. I just can't believe that a (slightly) wrong pump and injectors would cause this much trouble. The smoke is thick white- unburnt diesel, until warmed up. I would've thought a 1.5 pump and injectors on a 1.7 would cause fuel starvation so I'm puzzled by the smoke! Glow plugs are OK.

Thanks again

jayseeblue