PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the first position on my wipers work?

dunova
30-12-04, 02:40 PM
My 1st position on my wipers has never worked, but now its raining more its starting to get annoying!

I've changed the indicator/wiper stalks for corsa gsi one's, checked every fuse (in car and under bonnet), checked the relays and nothing :cry: :roll:

Any suggestions? I thought it might be the motor BUT the relay is not 'clicking' so it's like there's no power getting to the relay-afaik the relay only controls the 1st position so maybe there's a dodgy wire on the connector block to the back of the wiper stalk :?: :idea:

Help!!

terrible___1
30-12-04, 03:04 PM
my 1 dont work proply either mate ive got cavalier ones it is vert annoying but i just try to forget bout it

Jules
30-12-04, 03:07 PM
Is there a switch on the wiper motor? If so check that out, you say you've 'checked' the relay but generally they either work properly or they don't - try and get another one to try.

dunova
30-12-04, 03:11 PM
Can't see a switch on the motor anywhere, but maybe i should try swapping the motor. I've swapped the relay with my brother's from his sri, but still nothing happens on mine :roll:

Aragorn
31-12-04, 11:36 AM
try your brothers stalk

ive baught 2 sets of cavvy stalks and first set was very wank for wipers second set was iffy but works

might have just got a dodgy stalk as its a very common fault

morrie
31-12-04, 12:50 PM
They all do that. mine did it, 3 of my mates did too. i found if u flick the stalk up it works. sometimes

Geth
31-12-04, 05:03 PM
Mine did the same thing with wipers and my main beam lights, but when I changed my steering wheel I gave the stalks a good shake, put em back in and avery thing was back to normal. Not saying that will fix yours but it does seem that the stalks are the route of quite a few electrical problems in novas.