PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge sender

blaiz
30-12-04, 03:25 AM
where is the fuel gauge sender unit on a SRi i cudnt seem 2 find it earlia (although it woz dark!)??

are they the same as other models?? could i got scrappy and get any from any model? or does it have 2 be SRi??

i know my gauge is nakered coz when i turn ignition on the gauge goes up as normal, but doesnt stop and carries on all the way past full!! and stays there and doesnt change until i turn the ignition off!

i rekon the float or sumthin must be gone??

am i rite or jumpin 2 conclusions? could it be sumin else?

Chris
30-12-04, 03:38 AM
yeah it will be the sender, unless it is a wiring problem. Try disconnecting the plug on the sender into the tank and post what happens then

Chris

ollster
30-12-04, 09:29 AM
sounds like the wire is earthing to the chasis somewhere, check under the rear seats where it routes down the rear seat hanger bracket thats where mine had split

blaiz
30-12-04, 06:16 PM
not had chance 2 look 2day, busy buffin da bumpers (coz thats way more important :s!)

wil hopefuly get chance 2 check 2moror and il giv n update..

gota try find the sender 1st..:s!!

Aragorn
31-12-04, 10:35 AM
if its the same as a GTE tank the sender is on the rear middle of the tank and should have the outlet from the swirl pot coming out it too

if so then it will need to come from a GTE/GSi or SRi as the other senders are different