novabex
29-12-04, 05:07 PM
i want coilovers

which are the best?

and prices

cheers

Philsutton
29-12-04, 05:10 PM
they dont come cheap, mine cost just over ?500. They are avo by the way, alot of people have the same, i think they pretty good but im sure others will argue the case.

novabex
29-12-04, 05:41 PM
i know there expensive

but i dont care really

lol :wink:

GT-Dub
29-12-04, 06:53 PM
Just told neil U numpty!!!!

novabex
29-12-04, 07:48 PM
i posted this before we asked you

you double numpty.... :P

starkmotorsport
02-01-05, 03:25 AM
The best are Proflex, but they are seriously expensive. After that probably Bilstein then Avo then the other lot.

DrivingSpanner
02-01-05, 01:24 PM
i heard good things about the KW's the other week, not on a nova but on a VW Lupo! said they were brilliant tho, think they do a nova set

GT-Dub
02-01-05, 01:39 PM
The best are Proflex, but they are seriously expensive. After that probably Bilstein then Avo then the other lot.

Exactly what i said to neil...

But i'd prefer Koni before avo in honestly and my spax RSX before the Koni's

James B
02-01-05, 02:43 PM
how are you comparing them though?

starkmotorsport
02-01-05, 03:57 PM
how are you comparing them though?

By how many stickers you get in the box with them! :lol:

By standards of construction, performance and servicing/customer support. But cost will always be an issue so it just depends how car up the list you go. Best to slightly not so best is:

Proflex
Leda
Bilstein
Spax
Koni
Avo
etc.

Dan
02-01-05, 05:59 PM
Tbh at the end of the days its personal preference, as i wouldnt put koni and most defo not spax above avo.

Instead of peeps comparing as noone here has physically tried all the makes and tested them back to back, maybe they should just say what they have used and what they thought were good and bad about their choice.

This way any bandwagon jumpers screaming what they have 'heard' about cant comment (which is common around the net at the mo)

starkmotorsport
03-01-05, 02:19 AM
True...in which case

P/L/B I have lots of experience with

S/K I have limited experience with

Avo I have never used, so cant really comment, but have never really heard of people up my way using this in comptition, so put it towards the bottom.

Jack
03-01-05, 11:14 AM
I've got Spax RSX, ride is a bit harsh but overall they're not bad for the price I paid. I also like Koni, my mate had them on his 205 1.9 GTi and they gave good support without being too solid.

GT-Dub
05-01-05, 05:52 PM
Good call dan,

Spax Psx - Good ride and adjustable - Can be a lil stiff and bouncy tho
Spax RSX - Excellent set up, Altho Only front's are coilovers, Gave the Corsa and excellent stance along with loads of adjustment. Again, might be a little stiff for you.

Koni - i Hated these... they were on my clio, and were a bollock to adjust, Only three settings on the rear Too soft or too hard grrrr

FK - Use Koni Dampers, excellent set up, Sping rate was perfect for me, It was'nt too stiff or floppy (worded for you bex) Again plenty of adjustment, they are covered in a anti corrosion gue which keeps them from sticking up.

In fairness, I've never used Avo, And because of that i can't moan about them lol. dan, u'll ave to take me out in ur's fella, See how they feel.

Personal Preference would Be either Spax RSX or FK konigsport for coilover's as there both on a fairly lowish budget and have adjustable dampers, and are good quality and they will both take a dam good battering.