PDA

View Full Version : this wheely is a problem

Marc
29-12-04, 01:14 AM
ive jst found about a mate whos sellin sum 60mm springs and sum 15" dezent 5 spoke alloys. The problem is about the alloys, first things they are off an ford fiesta so will they fit. i thort they wud b no problem to swap ova cause vauxhall n nova hav they same wheel hole pattern but im unsure about it. second problem is will i hav a problem on the bak of me car, if i do get both n get a couple of ppl in the bak of ma car, while the wheels rub on me rear archs?

any helps wud be gr8 ful

:lol:

tom_beverley
29-12-04, 11:07 AM
Not sure they will fit if they are off a ford. I think some earlier ones have the same 4 stud pattern (PCD 100).

My dad had a Marcos kit car and he had some ford fitment alloys on that, if i remember rightly they fit on my nova but the offset was all wrong.

Even if you just lower the car by 60mm and leave the alloys for now it would be ok wudn't it?

To be able to lower your car 60mm and have 15's on, then the offset of the alloys must be ET45 or close to 45. If it isn't close to 45 then you will find that they will most likely rub the arches. But then you can always roll the arch lip or :evil: grind :evil: it off...

Jack
29-12-04, 01:37 PM
Fiestas from 1990-2001 have a PCD of 4x108 so wheels designed for those model years won't fit.

Offset could be from 35-45, so check. I've got 15" OZ Exclusive alloys on mine with an offset of 38mm and rolled rear arches, lowered 50mm on the back. When I had the back seats in, two people in the back would cause a severe arch meets rim situation, one was bad enough.

Marc
29-12-04, 03:43 PM
ok thanx i wasnt 2 sure about the alloys that was all yeh luks like will hav to find sum vuaxhall alloys like the astra 6 spokes 1's or sumthign like that