PDA

View Full Version : Koni springs against GM GSI springs

scott.parker
28-12-04, 06:37 PM
Well after having a small clean up before christmas i found my old nova gsi springs(belived to be origanl gsi set up)

And i now know why my car felt and seamd so hight with the konis on,as i have now fitted some spax rsp coilover's(rear adjustable on shock not spring) and the rears are 60mm drop on the new ones,made a god difrence as i noticed on tratck at donnington..
Anyway her is a pic of my gsi springs against the konis.

The konis are on the right and are ment to be a 35mm lower drop(over standard gsi) and the standard gsi's on the left...

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/845/konispringsedit1hk.jpg

Humm not sure there lower,more like higher.. :lol:
Oh well dont matter now,as i say have the 60mm drop on now,has anyone els had the koni adjustable set up on there nova,and did you notice if it made the car higher or lower? etc etc..cheers

scott

Nick
28-12-04, 06:44 PM
lol i can see your point there...

but under load they may be made to compress easier than the original GSi ones. resulting in more of a drop when on the car.

my G-max -60mm springs don't look like -60mm.. i don't get it either.

scott.parker
28-12-04, 07:09 PM
yeah but the coil on the konis are slightly thiker,and stiffer! :roll:

scott

peester
28-12-04, 08:24 PM
lol that is interesting aint it.. id have neither - obviously the koni's must be a -35mm for base models - there fore not much lower than std gsi items... i take it with the weight on the koni's they will sit lower that the gizzi ones... fook knows.. bit of a head scratcher aint it..

Ste_Nova
28-12-04, 08:47 PM
i expect they will squash easier under load... but only to a limit then they will get harder.... i fitted some 35mm fronts on a citroen xara and they were huge... my spring compressors wouldn't reach round them enough to get them on!

scott.parker
28-12-04, 11:35 PM
lol that is interesting aint it.. id have neither - obviously the koni's must be a -35mm for base models - there fore not much lower than std gsi items... i take it with the weight on the koni's they will sit lower that the gizzi ones... fook knows.. bit of a head scratcher aint it..

Nah mate they wer part of a full set of shock and springs for gsi's,but as i said it dont matter now as i have a coilover set,pluss 60mm on rears.

Just though i would see what other ppl have found and just so you could see the pic,and laugh.. :D

scott

peester
29-12-04, 02:06 AM
yeah fair do's.. koni shocks = good shit, koni springs = bit tame.