PDA

View Full Version : Wondering Steering

blaiz
28-12-04, 02:35 PM
right, recently got my SRi which is in pretty good nick and it got thru M.O.T. last month but there is definately sumin up where the steering is concerned!!

it seems the faster i go, the more vague the steering becomes, wondering accross the road, quite literally..!!

i found the roll bar was well lose and tightened it up which helped a bit but its still bloody awfull and quite scary...

any suggestions wud be good, cheers in adnavce

chris

LiamGTE
28-12-04, 03:26 PM
I had this, check the tracking firstly and then move onto track rod ends if it continues. Also tighten everythin up, all the nuts and bolts around the wheels.

Liam. 8)

mix n match
28-12-04, 04:21 PM
Its either track rod ends or bottom ball joints, both easy jobs to change but get the wheel alignement re-set afterwards.

Philsutton
28-12-04, 06:37 PM
they are easy to change in theory but in reality it will be very stressful and you will end up hurting yourself, as they have a tendancy not to pop out even with the special tools

blaiz
28-12-04, 06:41 PM
rite k rod ends or bottom ball joints... il ava look in me haynes and give em a good check over and replace if necessary, hopefully 2moro then ill c how it improves if it does and be bak wiv results..!!
cheerz

silvernsqure
28-12-04, 09:16 PM
this might sound well cheezy but have u cheecked the tyre pressures? i done mine today cause i had the same problem and found nsf wheel ad 17psi osf ad 14 psi and rear ones ad 12psi and i only cheekced em last month! so thats what i would do first b4 cheeckin the other stuff