PDA

View Full Version : Green Cotton

NOVA_JONO
27-12-04, 10:59 PM
Hi, i was thinking about getting the ?70 Green Cotton "induction kit" for my 1.2 spi Nova and was wondering what's involved in the "kit"?, is it just the main filter or smaller breather filters aswell?
Cheers Jono.

Aragorn
27-12-04, 11:18 PM
just get a corsa spi top box and buy a universal cone - much cheaper

Fester
28-12-04, 12:58 AM
Not sure on what's included but the filters are rebranded K&N for extra info :)

nova ian
28-12-04, 03:03 PM
ive got one mate, you get the main round air filter and a small cone one that fastens onto the breather pipe. just remember when you fit it to block up the small vacuum pipe with a small screw or something or the car engine wont run right

NOVA_JONO
28-12-04, 06:56 PM
Alright mate, do you notice much difference in performance or is it just a louder sound?
Cheers Jono.

nova ian
29-12-04, 03:07 PM
to be honest you dont really notice anything apart from its louder

jonny_mcc
29-12-04, 03:42 PM
I got one too, get a nice sound of it. Thats about the only difference.

Aragorn
29-12-04, 07:12 PM
if u want noise and nothing else then remove the "handle" part of the airbox and block off the random vacuum pipe thats left over

if uve got ?70 to burn then get a SRi zorst manifold and downpipe and a GTE middle section and backbox from a scrappy and fit all that - will ditch the cat and provide a freer flowing system

much better than wasting ?70 on a cone filter that will do nothing for performance at all

while your at the scrappy get a corsa spi top box, nova sri airbox and then buy a performance PANEL FILTER for the sri airbox, drill some holes in the bottom of the box and you'll get the noise u want for pennies

NOVA_JONO
29-12-04, 09:30 PM
lol, i've already drilled my air box and it's still not loud enough, and i don't want to de-cat it as i've only just had a cat put back in because it failed the MOT :( , i'll see what mods i can do then, i.e corsa air box etc.
Cheers Jono

Aragorn
30-12-04, 12:58 AM
if youve drilled the airbox and removed the "handle" then thats as loud as it will get

its a very restricted engine as std and this means not a lot of noise

tbh i wouldnt waste your money on another air filter

if its a K plate car take the engine number to vaux and try to find out when it was built - if it was before august 1992 u dont need a cat as long as vaux give u that in writing, if its a J it doesnt need a cat at all

other option is to get the SRi/GTE parts i mentioned above and just refit the std exhaust come MOT time