PDA

View Full Version : BBC - World Strongest Man

wisewood
27-12-04, 05:58 PM
WTF is all that about - the men competing are all old and past it - theres clearly stronger men around.

?Marty?
27-12-04, 06:05 PM
The stronger and younger men are probably not interested. They are only bothered about 'sharking'.

OR the 'stronger' younger men are all pumped full of steroids, in their search for the amber nectar, and thus ineligible for entry to this prestigious competition.

I am clearly eligible for this event, after my demonstration of superior size and strength during our bout of arm wrestling, and regular gayer wrestling with Alex on rage.

What is the prize?

To entice younger contestants, they should create new events, such as 'worm man'.

wisewood
27-12-04, 06:19 PM
I think worlds strongest man worm-man would be fantastic...

as would world strongest man sharking. in which they jump into water which contains sharks - and then prove their strength by cutting themselves. points are awarded for the loacation and depth of the cut, multiplied by how long they stay in the water.

Nick
27-12-04, 09:00 PM
they may look past it, but some of them "old" people are fcking strong.

The young'uns may have better looking bodies (if your into that kinda thing) and not have the beer bellies, but i doubt they'd be as strong.

Alex
27-12-04, 09:08 PM
body builders are at the height of their strength believe it or not in their mid 30s, enough time to train, but not long enough for oldness (is that a word?) to set in

Nick
27-12-04, 09:39 PM
yes, but body builders have muscles that are originated from steroids/power drinks/power diets.

they may be stupidly big, but to be strong, you really have to excersise alot.

I've been mountain biking all my life, up untill a year ago and have never been inside a gym, yet i am stronger than alot of my friends who are gym freaks (and i look scrawny compared to them)

in essence, they're useless gym muscles.

Alex
27-12-04, 09:44 PM
it depends on what you do in the gym.

Free weights are the way to go

Nick
27-12-04, 09:51 PM
that is correct,

but alot of these "quick big muscle" work outs, are useless at making you stronger.

i'd prefer to go out and run e.t.c as your naturally excersising, instead of letting a machine/equipment be in control.

Alex
27-12-04, 11:50 PM
ALL "quick build" schmes are poo.

jon_boy
28-12-04, 12:20 AM
short hard burst build muscles. aerobic makes the body work better. but without the aerobic you cant sustain the strength cos you cant get enough oxy to the muscles

?Marty?
28-12-04, 01:48 AM
Muscles have different speeds too.

broody
28-12-04, 01:55 AM
I used to sniff coke, but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose.

epo
28-12-04, 07:05 PM
i always watch it it wouldnt be xmas\new year with out it

wisewood
28-12-04, 08:48 PM
all this debate about what is the best way to generate muscle is all good and well - but the people who are on world strongest man every year are always the same.

Youre not trying to tell me that the same people are ALWAYS the best 12-16 in the world... every year for as long as i can remember the same names have been there. Some of them MUST be pushing the top end of their 40's by now. Yeah they might train every day etc etc but why arent there more people around who are that strong? or stronger...

There must be... the world is a very big place... i just do not believe that those same characters are the strongest men in the world every year. It's just a big con if you ask me.

rachaelrebekah
28-12-04, 09:28 PM
maybe other ppl cant be bothered to enter or some of those that enter may not pass the qualifiying rounds. those who have been in it for years know what to expect new competitors dont.

?Marty?
29-12-04, 11:45 AM
I'll enter it next yer then. Now where's my steroids.....

Jim
29-12-04, 03:16 PM
Why the fuck is it on at Christmas? Surely theres better things to put on telly?

Jim

?Marty?
29-12-04, 04:29 PM
They're doing it for Jesus. Because Jesus had to lift things. Like sheep. And bits of wood.

wisewood
29-12-04, 10:41 PM
and of course they had him do the feng shui with their crosses in the end too.