PDA

View Full Version : wiring questions

storer
27-12-04, 12:27 PM
ive fitted a 1994 corsa 1.4sri 8v engine and gearbox into a 1988 nova 1.2 merit.
1.on the new sri engine theres a thick blue wire which runs from a black nine pin connector near the ecu connectors to near the injector rail but theres is nowhere i can see for it to connect to does anyone no what this wire is for?
2.the sri engine is the dispack one not the distributor one and i need to no where the black wire from the old coil needs wiring to.is it a switched live? and if it is should i just connect the black switched live from the new sri loom to that?
sorry if it doesnt make a great deal of sense but i dont no that much about engines n wiring im trying to learn so i can do it by myself thanks for reading this.

Aragorn
27-12-04, 11:30 PM
dont use the coil black as your ignition live as the coil live sometimes has a resistor inline, just tape it up neatly as its not used

the ignition live for the ecu loom needs to goto the ignition barrel - there are 2 outputs however - one it always on and the other turns off while cranking - u need the always on one

blue wire with a spade on the end usually is the dash temp sender which is on the rear of the inlet manifold however u can use your existing 1.2 temp sender wire instead and again just tape up the wire from the ecu

storer
28-12-04, 09:51 AM
thanks for that mate ill give it a try.