PDA

View Full Version : new name

jynxy
26-12-04, 06:22 PM
Hello im thinking about making a car website mainly starting off with the nova :)

was wondering if anyone could come up with a site name

one that i have thought of is

carplace.co.uk
thecarplace.co.uk

if you have a better name or think this is cool then pls let me no.

JynxY

Nick
26-12-04, 06:26 PM
if it's to do with nova's, maybe include nova in the name ?

like Euronova.com , novaweb.com, internova.com, novastyle,

i like euronova.com as it depicts a good nova style (euro style) and the european community (which is probabyl the only community)

internova is a play between internet, and international.

just some thoughts.

Nick
26-12-04, 06:28 PM
but if it's going to be generally cars.. then foget that all...

i'd love to see a nova site, that explains the whole history of the car, production photo;s facts figures e.t.c technical database..

and some info on sublte standard modding (colour coding, smoothing)

as really, the only nova sites i've seen are mainly base around a community forum, or some vague modding guides .

jynxy
26-12-04, 06:29 PM
well i was looking at starting of with novas then adding thngs like clios, fiestas , minis etc as loads of people like those cars.

jynxy
26-12-04, 06:30 PM
i would be addind all those sorts of things to the site and would be looking for people to help in doing so.

Nick
26-12-04, 06:33 PM
ahh it sounds good...

if i were you, i'd make a good site with a section on each car, which would contain detailed model history, showing the development of the cars (for example, the models before and after the mk 1/2 change of the nova)

as it's allways interesting to learn about the production history of the car you drive, you'd be onto a winner there.

jynxy
26-12-04, 06:34 PM
euronova is taken so will need a name anyways.

do you have msn, mirc etc ?

Nick
26-12-04, 06:39 PM
i do have msn, but i wouldn't beable to help you with the site sorry

i'm too busy at work + i have very very limited web desinging skills :wink: !

i can suggest names tho...

eurocar.com

infocar.com

carinfo.com

car-base.com

carknowledge.com

try adding - inbetween the words,, like euro-car.com

they can't All be taken.

jynxy
26-12-04, 06:55 PM
i was asking for you msn so we could chat.

Nick
26-12-04, 06:56 PM
it's hodgeheg02@hotmail.com

i think.... tell me if it doesn't work.

jynxy
26-12-04, 07:18 PM
well there is euro-car.co.uk , car-base.co.uk and .com or infocar.co.uk i think the .com is available to :/

which one do you think ?

Nick
26-12-04, 09:38 PM
i quite like "info-car.co.uk"

says exactly what it would be.

Phil_G
26-12-04, 11:45 PM
info-car.co.uk or whatever sounds like a parkers style website, so people will load it expecting that and find a website full of 17 year old chavs squabbling over the best colour of neon washer jet.

there are plenty of multi marque websites about - theyre called cruise boards

Phil

GT-Dub
27-12-04, 12:41 AM
www.ilovedoggy.co.uk would be mint :wink: Oh, we talkin nova's darn

There is a site which tells you all about the history etc etc etc...
Forgot where abouts it is now.

i'll try n hunt it

broody
27-12-04, 02:33 AM
www.nova.com

?Marty?
27-12-04, 02:11 PM
http://www.Broody_Vs_Burgo.com

Alex
27-12-04, 09:22 PM
The above is THE best suggestion yet.

Who will win, we just don't know!

cornish
27-12-04, 10:53 PM
but if it's going to be generally cars.. then foget that all...

i'd love to see a nova site, that explains the whole history of the car, production photo;s facts figures e.t.c technical database..

and some info on sublte standard modding (colour coding, smoothing)

as really, the only nova sites i've seen are mainly base around a community forum, or some vague modding guides

Try www.novabug.com

Fester
28-12-04, 12:53 AM
Ahhh Rich Dale, wonder what he's doing now :?: NovaBug is quality.

Sorry to say it fella I think NovaBug has this one covered as far as Novas goes, but a site with that depth of detail on dozens of other popular cars would be impressive :!:

Alex
28-12-04, 01:51 AM
Rich Dale is a top class dude. He let me use some of his stuff for my final year project

scott.parker
28-12-04, 03:21 PM
Ahhh Rich Dale, wonder what he's doing now :?: NovaBug is quality.

Sorry to say it fella I think NovaBug has this one covered as far as Novas goes, but a site with that depth of detail on dozens of other popular cars would be impressive :!:

I just love this statement of there.

NovaBug site:

So why NOVABUG?

I bought my first Nova as a "temporary" replacement for my other car, a 1976 Ford MKIII Cortina.
I decided to take if off the road to do a proper restoration, and wanted a small, cheep run-around. I bought a Nova, and that's when the NOVABUG struck.
It's an infectious disease, that most Nova owners contract. The main symptom is hearing voices, which typically say things like "buy some alloys", "fit a performance zorst", "lower the suspension", "fit a body kit", "fit a K&N" etc etc...
Once it's got you, there's little point trying to find a cure, and you end up spending lots of money modifying your Nova!
My Cortina is still in the garage, in pretty much the same state as it was more than 3 years ago, when I put it there, and I'm now on my THIRD Nova!
So beware......once you buy a Nova, expect the BUG to strike!

Ahh so how many of can say yes this sounds verry true? :lol:

scott