PDA

View Full Version : Something worn on the suspension?

dunova
26-12-04, 01:55 PM
I've noticed that my passenger side front has always sat higher than the drivers side front. I've had different suspension struts on it and it still sits higher on that side (even with lowering springs its still abit higher).

Does anyone know why this could be? Could it be that something is worn on the passenger side suspension somewhere? Also, when i change the struts, the passenger side is stiffer to get out of position and when putting the strut back i have to force the strut upwards and push down on the lower arm to get it back in. I dont have to do that with the drivers side, could it be the lower arm or bush that is worn?

Any info appreciated

Breeny
26-12-04, 02:00 PM
Majority of novas do it. Its quite common on a lot of cars, I've always been told its for cars that are designed left hand drive.. they take the weight of a driver into consideration, so when they convert it to rhd it always sits lower.

Its like it on my Bmw too.

Ste_Nova
26-12-04, 02:19 PM
reseat the lower arm... you are suppost to tighten them with the car on the floor... if you don't the the arm will allways want to go down and this will lead to faster bush wear....

same thing goes for rear axle

dunova
26-12-04, 02:47 PM
ste_nova the arm push's upwards-i've got to push down on it in order to get the strut to line up so i can get the bolts through. Would it be worth reseating it anyway?

Breeny, my brothers doesn't seem to do it though so i thought maybe something was worn?

I just want to make sure everything is working and ok, because i should be getting coilovers soon and i didn't want to just get it even on both sides if there's something wrong.