PDA

View Full Version : v5 / insurance

Matt Nova
25-12-04, 11:09 PM
if say my car was in my dads name on the v5 and it was insured under my name would it cause a problem ?

cheers

Ricks
26-12-04, 10:08 AM
im not 100 % but im sure ur dad wud av to be insured cause my mate got pulled and hes done it like u and they where gunna do him there and then until they got a call and had to rush off so they just told him to sort it out.

Will
26-12-04, 10:49 AM
just put the car in your name or insure your dad on your policy which will cost pennys no doubt!

unless u and your dad share the same name then dont worry abt it ;)

Jack
30-12-04, 12:30 AM
One of the stipulations in the small print lol of most insurance companies is that the car you are insuring is registered in either your or your spouse's name.

Not a hard process to change the V5 to your name. Or you could do as Will said and add your dad to the policy lol... unless its gotta be the main driver whos registered... might be worth checking that one, I'm sure the police would love to jump on even the slightest thing lol

Chris
30-12-04, 03:25 AM
Just change the V5, otherwise you will struggle for tax if you go for it and the V5 is in your dad's name and insurance is in your name. V5 costs nothing to change

Chris