PDA

View Full Version : window winder things

cruisingscotland
24-12-04, 06:37 PM
im trying to tint the windows but cant get the window winder things off is there a nak to getting them of or anything,i dont want to brake them by forcing them off any help apretiated

Philsutton
24-12-04, 06:50 PM
you need to pop the clip off. I normally use a small long screw driver to get it off but other people use other tools. It might take a while for you to do it first time as it can be a bitch

Cheeze
24-12-04, 06:55 PM
try using a cloth also, slid it in the gap between the winder and the door car and move the cloth like ur polishing something round,(ok i know its not technically sounded but it works lol) thats what i used to get mine off to put elec windows in

cruisingscotland
24-12-04, 06:57 PM
is the clip right at the back of the door card? ive been trying to get them off for abotu 3 hours tonite what a nightmarelol

Philsutton
24-12-04, 06:58 PM
the clip is inbetween the door card an the winder itself

cruisingscotland
24-12-04, 07:01 PM
right thanx for the help folks! ill hav another try tonite n c if i hav any luck with it!

Jack
24-12-04, 09:49 PM
Its a horse shoe shaped clip, with the ends spayed out... it clips into the handle itself and hold it against the winder mechanism. I found lots of twisting with a thin flat screwdriver usually gets it off...

jon_boy
26-12-04, 10:59 AM
If you get desperate there is a cheap tool you can buy. but otherwise a cloth is the best way methinks..

Nick
26-12-04, 04:10 PM
isn't it a circlip ?

you can buy a circlip tool, usefull for alot of things. (especially bikes)

it's a right bastard to get off, it took me ages to do mine, but i used the "cloth" method.

slide the cloth in between the handle and door card, and pull on each end of the cloth alternativly (hard to explain)

it should catch it and pop it off

cruisingscotland
26-12-04, 05:46 PM
got it off a bit of brute force and a broken handle and i got there in the end lol down to the scrappys for a handle then,got to figure out how to get the window out next lol