PDA

View Full Version : Jesus

?Marty?
24-12-04, 06:03 PM
If heaven is such a great place, HOW is crusafiction a sacrifice!?

I NEED answers. INTELLIGENT answers.

wisewood
24-12-04, 06:10 PM
Jesus wasn't crucified. It's a myth.

Jesus actually lived well into his 80's working in the carpentry shop that his step father left to him. After years of ridicule from the Jewish masses he finally gave up preaching about his immaculate conception etc and went back to his roots.

The church made up the rest - mirracles etc added in to help win over some followers.

Philsutton
24-12-04, 06:11 PM
jesus isnt my friend

wisewood
24-12-04, 06:16 PM
Jesus might not be your friend...

But lets have a bit of a party for him over the next few days anyway eh. it'd be his birthday.

Philsutton
24-12-04, 06:18 PM
dont worry i'll be having a party anyway

dunova
24-12-04, 06:26 PM
I think you'll find Jesus, christianity and religion in general is a myth. It has been created by the elite, to serve the elite.

It gives people that are less fortunate something to turn to in times of crisis and dispair. It gives answers to their poverty and mis-treatment and deflects the attention from the elite. It makes people believe that 'things were meant to be this way' and god intended it to be this way.

It stops them from rebelling against the elite and realising the world is an unfair, a**ehole of a place to exist.

Just my thoughts.........

wisewood
24-12-04, 06:30 PM
not too dis-similar from my own thoughts, which i cannot be bothered to fully vent.

burgo
24-12-04, 06:34 PM
i am jesus :wink:

wisewood
24-12-04, 06:35 PM
yeah... and i'm father christmas.

dunova
24-12-04, 06:36 PM
Well i only skimmed the surface really, but hey i LOVE christmas because i get to eat a lot of nice stuff and get completely bo**ocksed :D

wisewood
24-12-04, 06:40 PM
same here.

My missus asked me yesterday why if i'm not at all religious do i celebrate christmas. I told her; i celebrate christmas because its an intrnationally recognised celebration, with fun traditions which include the giving and receiving of gifts - eating good food and making general merryment with family and friends. There is no reason, including the religious founding of it, to avoid such a day... for 90% of people its not about what it should be anymore.

burgo
24-12-04, 07:14 PM
yeah... and i'm father christmas.

but you are lol

jesus was nickname at school anyway :P

epo
24-12-04, 07:18 PM
jesus wants me for a sunbeam

wisewood
24-12-04, 07:22 PM
i used to work with a jesus too.

Jack
24-12-04, 08:41 PM
I'm not religious; I celebrate christmas as more of an end of year shindig than a religious thing. Alas my ex was God's own personal evangelist. Aghast.

I have no objection towards any religion, but in terms of christianity I don't see the need for myself to live my life by a book that was written about 500 years ago about an event 1500 years before that, and based purely on re-writes of previous scruptures and hearsay... however I'm aware people are free to believe as they choose so i won't argue someone's religion. Anywoo, tis is far too... something. Beer. Give me more beer.

novabex
24-12-04, 09:43 PM
jejsus is bead

burgo
24-12-04, 09:43 PM
someone get rid of this freak

bex that is not jesus

?Marty?
24-12-04, 10:12 PM
The ONLY good thing about religion is that it creates hope to people who have only hopes and dreams, but no ways and means. And i couldn't agree more about the 'elite suppression' argument. Also, man created 'God' out of ignorance and fear. Most of the previous religious beliefs have been disproved by scientific discovery! The whole church system is manufactured propoganda.

I couldn't give a toss about christmas, because it is, in all essence, a religious cellebration. I couldn't care less about Jesus and all the other biblical crap and thus this whole 'festive season' bears NO SIGNIFICANCE to ME personally, whatsoever. 25th December? Nope. Nothing is of significance to me about this date. Whatsoever. Thus i couldn't care less, as it's just 'another day'. I feel no need to part-take in something, 'just because' the media tells me to, or because everyone else is. To me it's just bullsh!t.

It just manufactured hype, kept going by conglomerate commerical organisations, governments and the media.

New Years Eve - well at least THAT is something that APPLIES to everyone. That does bear some significance. Yes, i WILL be celebrating that.

My 'God' is music. Films. My friends. And my thoughts.

morrie
24-12-04, 10:14 PM
Wathc monty python's the life of brian. that has crucifiction on it. mabey that will help. that film rocks!!!