PDA

View Full Version : Perspex/plastic front windows....

broody
24-12-04, 04:33 PM
Whats the best stuff to use and where from, i have breifly read about this and wanting some more information about it.

And is it Metro Window seals that are the best fit?

Neil

wisewood
24-12-04, 04:50 PM
I cant remember which way around it is - but its either perspex or polycarbonate that scratches quite easily and the otherone doesnt.

VXRALLY
24-12-04, 04:59 PM
demon tweeks do window kits now. i think about ?130. just use std nova seals. polycarbonate or perspex not clean film lol. (sorry) anyway just be carefull it aint the best stuff to work with if you end up going to b&q on boxing day. oh and if you decide to buy some demon tweeks ones they are made to latest msa blue book specifications. (dont do your front screen)

VXRALLY
24-12-04, 05:04 PM
I cant remember which way around it is - but its either perspex or polycarbonate that scratches quite easily and the otherone doesnt.

they both scratch when you have tree's up against them at 80mph :lol: perspex is softer i think cos its cheaper

Mike
24-12-04, 06:33 PM
poly carbonate is wot u want, hard wearing than ordinary plastic.

use some clear window tint on them before puttin em on, so if they do get sratched, u just re-tint em! :wink:

Mike
24-12-04, 06:34 PM
poly carbonate is wot u want, hard wearing than ordinary plastic.

use some clear window tint on them before puttin em on, so if they do get sratched, u just re-tint em! :wink:

ross1
24-12-04, 07:43 PM
you can get them of this site http://rallyspares.tripod.com/id39.html

nova_kev
24-12-04, 10:44 PM
sorry for hi-jacking your post fella, but where would go about gettin the windows that bret warbutton has on his nova with the small slide windows in??

rednova
25-12-04, 11:09 AM
try - http://www.plastics4performance.co.uk/ - do all three types - plastic , polycarbonate and perspex - plus it explains the differences between them. and sell nova kits

hth phil

m.d.
25-12-04, 06:21 PM
you want macralon windows really as perspex cracks, you could throw a brick at a 4mm thick macralon window and it would bounce back,

Jim
26-12-04, 03:11 PM
You want polycarbonate rather than perspex. There are numberous places that do these windows, search on google.

Jim

Stuart
26-12-04, 03:59 PM
hardy anyone uses the polycarb windows with a winder mechanism. most turn out looking like CP's Chris T's and a feww others. you just use the original seal as no one has had any leaks etc with the 2 piece modded one.