PDA

View Full Version : brakes are fucking up

Ricks
23-12-04, 03:03 PM
orite lads need sum help
when im drivin sum times the brake pedal gets stuck in and starts brakin without me pressin it.so when i cut the engine off and put it back on it refreshes its self and then i can go on for about anova mile or 2.
id just washed my alloys so hopefully it cud be wayer but i doubt it. prob air in system or my servos fucked.
n e ideas i bet this is a new one for all u nova drivers help wud be appreciated.
:roll:

Dar
23-12-04, 06:25 PM
Some suggestions

1) Try bleeding your breaks. Sounds like you may have some air in the caliper. Although your breaks would be bad anyway if you have that much air in them.

2) If you have recently fitted some calipers its easy to accidently put them on the wrong sides. The bleed nipple should be at the top. If this is the case swap them over and bleed them.

3) Check the sliders on the calipers. Make sure they are free and the caliper moves easy on them.

4) To check that your servo is ok turn the engine off. Pump the break pedal so that its hard and rest your foot on it. Start the engine and the pedal should move as the vacum in the servo builds up. However if your servo was gone it would make your breaks worse and not apply them on its own.

Have fun.

nathan.
23-12-04, 06:59 PM
i had this problem. it was the 1 way valve in the servo pipe

take it off, try blowing with your mouth through both ends, if you can its fooked.

Ricks
23-12-04, 07:01 PM
how much to fix nathan.
thnks by the way dar great help mate i hope it is air though.

nathan.
23-12-04, 07:02 PM
like i say check it first. get 1 from scrap yard, dead cheap

Nova_Newbie
23-12-04, 07:26 PM
I didn't realise they were handed, just checked my brakes, they are fitted the right way round!

Chris
23-12-04, 10:12 PM
They are handed because you need the bleed nipple to be at the top because when you are bleeding them the air goes to the top, if the nipple is at the bottom the air is at the top and when you release the nipple all you get is fluid, this looks like the brakes are bled up properly.

Chris