PDA

View Full Version : t40 manifold

nathan.
22-12-04, 06:15 PM
does anyone know by looking if this manifold is for a gte/gsi or is it for an sri?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/nathan1600/otherside1.jpg

dunova
22-12-04, 07:12 PM
gte/gsi and sri are the same mate-round ports, so yes it is

nathan.
22-12-04, 07:13 PM
cheers pal. thats all needed to know

dunova
22-12-04, 07:30 PM
Just to make 100%, it is round through the whole port isn't it? It looks like it but thought i'd check, because obviously where the t40's attach the port will be round and then the opposite side will be the shape of the cylinder head inlet

nathan.
22-12-04, 07:41 PM
yeah it is round all way through. that picture is of the side which bolts to the head.

would this manifold be ok to use on a 16sv head with square ports? only till i get time to fit a gsi head. i understand that it wont be right and wont get the full effect of the carbs? basically, is it ok to fit to a 16sv for the time being?

dunova
22-12-04, 07:48 PM
I'm not too sure on the effects it would have. Obviously performance would be down by quite abit but i dont know if it would run badly or not.

I think your performance would just suffer a lot-if i was you i'd wait until you get the gsi head

benji
22-12-04, 09:22 PM
yeah it is round all way through. that picture is of the side which bolts to the head.

would this manifold be ok to use on a 16sv head with square ports? only till i get time to fit a gsi head. i understand that it wont be right and wont get the full effect of the carbs? basically, is it ok to fit to a 16sv for the time being?

it will fit to the head, but the port's won't maych up very well. i had a 1300 manifold on a 1400 head when i first got mine, it ran but wasn't great. but it was still quicker that standard. but to save having it set up twice i would wait and get a SE head. why arn't you getting one first? if fitting's a problem you could do it at mine, easy day's work

nathan.
22-12-04, 10:59 PM
yeah ill just fit a gte head then, was trying to put it off. for a while. i just cant wait to put my carbs on! :lol:

fitting aint a problem ben, its just finding a decent/un-abused head.

dunova
22-12-04, 11:16 PM
My gsi head will be coming off when i fit my new head+carbs etc. But i'm waiting until around february time because i think up'ing the power, going to smaller wheels and driving around in the rain, fog and snow is just asking for trouble :lol:

So if you're waiting until that sort of time aswell i'll be getting rid of my current head around then :+:

benji
22-12-04, 11:29 PM
yeah ill just fit a gte head then, was trying to put it off. for a while. i just cant wait to put my carbs on! :lol:

fitting aint a problem ben, its just finding a decent/un-abused head.

as long as it's half decent you will be ok. you should re seat the valves and fit new stem seals whatever state it's in when you get it. pm ben or will, i bet they have a head for you, do the head when you fit the carb's, save's taking it to bit's twice. offer of help is still open let me know if you need any

nathan.
22-12-04, 11:32 PM
will do mate. thanks for the help and advise ben.