PDA

View Full Version : Couple of pics

Barn
22-12-04, 03:53 PM
Just a quick before and after type thing...no where near finished yet but this is how it is at the moment

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/nOvAlOAd/myNova_2.jpg

As it is now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/nOvAlOAd/DSCN1319_edit_smaller.jpg

any views?

smithy87
22-12-04, 04:55 PM
Very nice mate :D

General Baxter
22-12-04, 05:05 PM
what theme you going for? :roll:

Barn
22-12-04, 05:20 PM
well for the time being its gunna be smooth GTE rep...

smooth front/rear bumper
gte grille
bump strips removed

they are all to be sprayed and will be going on for January.

In about february the cars gunna have an overhaul...along the lines of a mk2 facelift, bit of kittage (nothing gay), 16's, flush boot, door locks off, full respray

...just want it to be abit of a sleeper for when I first get my engine done

tuned 1.3 :)

General Baxter
22-12-04, 05:22 PM
was going to sat GTE bumpers or maybe a Gsi one 8)

Barn
22-12-04, 05:27 PM
yeh just think wanted to show how much small mods can make a difference...

Alloys
lowered
clear lights

really dont like the grille...it really pisses me off...cant wait to get the GTE item on to be honest, lol

interior is alot different to standard too...got a full gsi interior in there and buckets now too...needs a little bit of tidying up tho

TomWilly
22-12-04, 05:39 PM
How much u pay for ur wheels?

Barn
22-12-04, 05:42 PM
?160 mate (with the tyres too)

morrie
22-12-04, 05:44 PM
Lookin well tidy, mate.

TomWilly
22-12-04, 05:46 PM
where from?

Barn
22-12-04, 05:51 PM
cheers lads

Tom - bought them second-hand mate off a guy on www.sw-cc.com

sorry, just checked my cheque book, I paid ?180 for them, but still that aint too bad coz their in really good nick and the tyres were brand new :)

Riggy
22-12-04, 11:00 PM
nice one barny looks like a really clean shell :lol:

scott.parker
22-12-04, 11:04 PM
well for the time being its gunna be smooth GTE rep...

smooth front/rear bumper
gte grille
bump strips removed

they are all to be sprayed and will be going on for January.

In about february the cars gunna have an overhaul...along the lines of a mk2 facelift, bit of kittage (nothing gay), 16's, flush boot, door locks off, full respray

...just want it to be abit of a sleeper for when I first get my engine done

tuned 1.3 :)

Looks nice mate,very tidy,like your plans,have you asked fester what he is doing with his old smoothed bumpers?

scott

nova_kev
23-12-04, 03:20 AM
thast a good start fella, your plans seem to be good as well. good job so far chap

epo
23-12-04, 08:35 AM
nice one mate looks sound

Barn
23-12-04, 11:01 AM
Looks nice mate,very tidy,like your plans,have you asked fester what he is doing with his old smoothed bumpers?

scott
no mate, no probs anyway, was lucky enough to get a GTE front bumper for free, and just gunna smooth the lines out of the existing rear bumper (for the time being).

- thanks for the comments lads, its not looking too bad i guess just money slowing things down at the moment! lol

yeh i was also lucky enough to find the car.

bought it with 34000 miles from new from a guy about 10miles away...it is mint, really hate using it in the winter because it aint waxoyled yet but its my only transport...(been advised not to waxoyl it til i get the respray because it is really hard to get off ones its on paintwork)...so unfortunately the salt and rain are having a field day :roll:

NOVA_GTEUK
23-12-04, 02:25 PM
Lookin mint Barn 8)

Good to see panly's alloys being put to some good use instead off in his basement :lol: