PDA

View Full Version : Can any 1 help

SYD(SRI)
21-12-04, 09:56 PM
Before my ban i had my head gasket go on my 1.4 SRI 8v totally standerd apart from KnN 57I
Before the head gasket went it used to bounce off the limiter in low gears and stand still really quickly but wen it got done after i had run it in was racing a thew times and it didnt seam as quick and didnt limit as quick and as loud ?
I know its a childish thing to do bouncing it off the limiter but just abit concerned as to wat has gone wrong any help would be extremly greatfull

Will F
22-12-04, 09:38 AM
You are a chav who cant drive?

broony
22-12-04, 10:02 AM
Ha ha at bouncing off the limiter!!

Take it you want to blow the head gasket again....

Ste L
22-12-04, 10:16 AM
did you get your head skimed when you changed the head gasket, if not that might be the problem??

Aragorn
23-12-04, 12:19 AM
he doesnt want to blow the head gasket,

hes trying to throw a rod :roll:

much more spectacular failure imo AND j00 n33d dat to draw n de cr0wdz at ze cruze man :!:

SYD(SRI)
24-12-04, 12:50 AM
When i said bouncing off the limiter i ment in full throttle gear changes when racing.
i aint no chav so will f can kiss my a s s
just want me car running how it used 2 thats all

broody
24-12-04, 03:39 AM
So your car is a Race car then, well you must have some kind of decent engine to take your car onto private tracks to race it, no point racing a standard engine, wont get you far with other contenders, where abouts do you race, which circuts?

Obviously you dont race on the streets or anything because that would be just plain STUPID!

Snowface
24-12-04, 11:56 AM
Sorry, i can't help but point out how hypocritical some of these comments are.

When someone brings up a post thats along the lines of racing on the roads (especially if it a new guy) then everyone jumps on and has a go at him/her.

But there are numerous other posts about many different senior and junior members that bring up racing on roads or 'Private Roads' (which we all know what you mean) and no one bats an eyelid at them.

Road racing is dangerous in many cases but other times it can be relativly safe. It depends how much of a maniac you or the other driver(s) are and where and when you 'Race'.

What i'm saying why have a go at the easy targets on this forum (newbies) when there are already people on here who regularly talk about road racing.

:rant:

Mike
24-12-04, 01:16 PM
snowface, u got there first! i was just bout to say the same.

and, i admit, i DO race illegally, and NO im not proud of that fact. :cry:

have a go at me all u want, because wot u say back to me,

i.e "dont complian to us wen u lose ur licence" or " i told u so" will have no affect on wot I do. it is dangerous, but im not stupid. 3am, sunday mornings is my time, on sum VERY quite B roads.

and i do no that other "racers" can be nobs. ive seen it all to much before! :|

SYD(SRI)
24-12-04, 08:36 PM
i know its stupid for racing on roads but i do race at york drag way some times aswell as far as im concerned you dont need a big supped up engine to race there its just run what ya brung every one races i dont care wat anyone says, yeah it is stupid on the roads but i do it early in the morning on the m62.
Dont mean to come across as a kn ob but cant stand people aving a go when they jump the gun

Aragorn
24-12-04, 09:12 PM
i apologise for the sarcasm in my original post, and while im here i'll back up my statements with some more info:

the engine is not DESIGNED to handle full throttle shifting

all your going to achieve is holding the engine at its max rpm for longer than is neccesary, damage the clutch due to it slipping when u "dump" it once uve selected the new gear and risking catastrophic engine failure.

u normally drop rpms by ~2k between gears and if u shift quick enough you can match the revs for the new gear, which stops u wearing out the clutch and stops u sitting on the limiter which is bad:

the std rod bolts are a bit on the weak side even for 6800rpm and any car being taken there regularly i'd recommend a set of uprated bolts, holding it there for any length of time is basially playing russian roulette with your engine.

i'd also recommend refitting the standard airbox with a k&n panel filter and drilling holes in the bottom, that will give u more power than a cone

a decat will also help the free-revvingness of the engine

as for the original problem i'd say to check all wiring and pipe work, make sure the engine lights working and its not logging any codes and make sure there are no blockages in any of the filters (fuel and air mainly)

SYD(SRI)
24-12-04, 11:51 PM
Thats spot on mate cheers for that ill give it a try this was all i wanted to know lol oh well its all good