PDA

View Full Version : corsa 16 16v into nova sri shell

k566knj
21-12-04, 06:39 PM
help!! iv run novas all my life and after smashin up my 145mph gsi i decided it was time to move on so i bought a corsa gsi, unfortunatly it wasnt the car for me n rolled it 6 times at 90mph, unluckey ey! well now iv seen sense and gone bk to novas, i started by buying a complete nova sri and striping it to a bare tin shell with nuthing on except a fuel tank and fuel pipes. now with the engine bay fully seem welded and my smashed up corsa gsi in my yard (not the compound anymore) im ready to convert but am not 100% on which bits i need to mix and match and what procedures and steps i need to take to do the conversion. baring in mind i wana scrap the abs and power steering is there any chance you could give be a run down on exactly what iv gota do and what parts to mix and match, or who i may contact to find out more. cheers j p.s i want to use the whole loom and dash so do i just drop the corsa loom straight in, and is there any other trick bits i should change while im gettin stuck in? thanx agen j :|

Philsutton
21-12-04, 09:33 PM
maybe you should learn how to drive before you go for anything bigger than a 1.2lt

Will F
22-12-04, 09:37 AM
what Phil said!
Plus I wouldnt bother with the conversion if you are used to a 145mph gsi!
Get an XE or Let for that type of performance! :roll:

Ste L
22-12-04, 10:28 AM
yea, what phill said, but learn in another car other than a nova, we don't wanna see anymore dead nova's :?

Aragorn
23-12-04, 12:13 AM
as will f says my 1.6 16v nova tops out around 130ish with the shitty gearbox i have

ive heard of std gsi novas getting to the rev limiter in 5th which is 135mph, but thats looong downhill stretch type shit

145mph is not gonna be doable unless youve got about 130bhp

Riggy
23-12-04, 12:48 AM
but regards to your question the engine will drop in fine on the nova mounts and also use the novas shafts

loom wise it should just mate up to the sri loom (not 100% sure) and use corsa ecu

also uograde the brakes to the corsa ones at least

k566knj
23-12-04, 10:45 AM
atleast somebodys out here to help cheers mate, i have got a big brake conversion anyway but i was wanting to use the corsa gsi loom and put the corsa dash in if possible, do you no what i should do about the abs and power steering because i dount want them? if you are not sure do you no where i could get some info on this topic?, cheers again jamie :)

Chris
23-12-04, 02:43 PM
As I said in a PM, dont post bullsh1t and crap like you did in the top post and people might help you

Aragorn
24-12-04, 09:25 PM
abs isnt anything to do with the engine and u just unbolt the pas pump and remove it

your best getting a v-belt bottom pulley with crank wheel (nova sri should have one) and fitting your nova alternator (and mounting bracket im sure)

after that u need to fabricate your own tensioner for the alternator and mess around with belt sizing

mines around a 970 belt iirc

and a bolted the standard nova adjuster onto the original solid bracket on the 16v and used that to tension the belt

k566knj
31-12-04, 04:34 PM
what do i do about the loom, i want to put the corsa dash in with the engine so shud i put the loom in to. the only problem i have found is things r in differant places, e.g battery, wiper motor, brake servo etc? :|