PDA

View Full Version : Pics of XE conversion driveshafts

Powelly5624
20-12-04, 12:23 PM
Just wondered if anybody had a pic of the correct driveshafts to use for dropping a XE in to a Nova. I think i have standard Astra GTE ones so i want to double check. If not can someone tell me how to upload pics of my ones so people can tell me if mine are correct.

Thanks

Riggy
20-12-04, 12:25 PM
i have no pics but the shafts you need are

nova gte 22 spline driveshafts with cav mk2 1.6 inner cv joints :lol:

Powelly5624
20-12-04, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the reply, i am sure you have told me that before! Thanks again.

I understand what shafts i need but what do they look like? I have a set of shafts which were supplied with the engine etc when i bought it. I was told the engine came out of a Nova Sri so should be a straight swap if these driveshafts were used but i want to double check. The reason is that he supplied me with standard engine mounts saying the bonnet was moddied instead of lowering the engine mount. I never got to see the Nova it came out of so i want to double check.

So if you did use standard Astra Gte inner and standard nova sr outers would they fit or could you tell from trying to fit them if they were the wrong type?

I might give these ago but i don't want them snapping when i put my foot down!

Chris
20-12-04, 06:15 PM
The astra inner CV joints will not fit the nova shafts. Instead of asking for a picture of valver shafts, why not measure the length of the ones you have and post up the result. The way people can measure their shafts and tell you if yours is different. The only shafts that take the aster inners and nova outers are custom ones (some are made by MANN Transmissions, Bedale, North Yorks), these are astra shafts that are shortened and have the ends turned down and re-splined to accept nova outers. These are weaker though, but it all depends how you drive it, I have snapped two sets of these. Just stick to the 22 spline ones with mk2 cav inners.

Chris

Ste_Nova
20-12-04, 06:20 PM
if your lucky you will have ended up with astra/astra mann ones 300bhp rated afaik

i could do you some of these :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/shaftedoopsz.jpg

Powelly5624
20-12-04, 06:50 PM
Nice one lads,

I might be lucky and had the 22 spline / Cavvy types.

Will measure them up and let you know on this post.

Thanks for your help.

So when they say 22 spline does that mean it has 22 kinda cuts in the top?
Or am i barking up the wrong tree!