PDA

View Full Version : What is a Section 59??

dan-hipgrave
19-12-04, 10:38 PM
I just got given a Section 59 for wheelspinning at a cruise :oops: In my defence though it was icey ground (and i didnt see the copper)..

What does this mean though - the copper didnt say much about it except that if i am caught doing anything again then my car will be crushed :o

How long does this last for? Has anyone else on here had them/got them?

Philsutton
19-12-04, 10:39 PM
ive some of them, my car is now marked an the police get me just for driving off ny drive. cant quite remember what it means though

dan-hipgrave
19-12-04, 10:41 PM
:lol: @marked car.

The copper even knew where i lived becuase of my car - said he had seen me working on it loads of times - im beginning to think that im going to get pulled a lot more often now - it was my first time tonight..

Nick
19-12-04, 10:41 PM
section 59, and your description sounds like the "2000 police reform act"

it mayeb 2002 actually...

anyways, what he says is completly true. although you need a written warning in paper. your car will also be blacklisted so insurance will be a nightmare.

dan-hipgrave
19-12-04, 10:43 PM
:o blacklisted....does this mean that i now have to declare convictions on my insurance??

Nick
19-12-04, 10:45 PM
no, your not blacklisted, the car reg is blacklisted.

so that arsehole coppers can find problems with the car when they see it.

search for the police reform act on google.

however it sounds like he's spruting B/S to scare you. worked.

Jack
19-12-04, 10:45 PM
You should declare convictions anyway!!

But afaik one of those warnings doesn't count? However as nick said I think you or your car gets tagged or something so Insurance companies know about it.

If you can prove it was icey you might have a case to get it revoked?

DrivingSpanner
19-12-04, 10:47 PM
:o

dan-hipgrave
19-12-04, 10:47 PM
well im home now - but there were enough people there to back me up, i even slipped on the ice when walking to the coppers car with him thats how bad it was...

Nick
19-12-04, 10:49 PM
right, i had a powerflow system on my car. and it was herendously noisy.

a police man stopped me and said he was gonna find problems with me. (hinting for me to take it off)

next week i had him round my house saying people had been reporting me driving in a dangerous manner down the roads near my house. next time he got a complaint he would give me a warning under the "200? police reform act"

a week later he came round and said i'd been wheelspinning up "greenwood avenue" at blah blah blah. i got a written warning and the car was blacklisted. Nxt time they saw me doing someone out of order they'd impound the car.

Turns out he got the road names confused, as i drive out of "greenwood cresent" and was bullshitting false complaints. i reported him and had an interview with the cheif constable. Said policeman got demoted and disciplined.

i should have taken him to court and got him sacked + compo. but i just wanted to get the warning off at the time.

i should have really taken him to court

General Baxter
19-12-04, 10:50 PM
you wheels where on fire and you were tryin to put them out via wheel spinning really fast :lol:

tell them did you not see the smoke :P

dan-hipgrave
19-12-04, 10:51 PM
:lol: yeh, well the best thing would have been not to have wheelspun - it was very icey but i still could have pulled away without it spinning, just we all do stupid things sometimes :roll:

Jack
19-12-04, 10:51 PM
well im home now - but there were enough people there to back me up, i even slipped on the ice when walking to the coppers car with him thats how bad it was...

Definate case then.... I'd take it up with the fuzz.

General Baxter
19-12-04, 10:53 PM
yes like poping a nice big wheely on my motorbike and getting pulled for it and getting away with it :lol:

new bike = getting use to the clutch, nob fell for it :lol:

dan-hipgrave
19-12-04, 10:55 PM
:lol: nice one mate..

I didnt even bother to try and get out of it - i knew i was in the wrong, so i just gave him all my details..

Nick
19-12-04, 10:58 PM
dan read my post.

it'l explain to you what you've actually been done for.

did you recieve a written warning ?

DrivingSpanner
19-12-04, 11:01 PM
creating a public disturbance with your motor vehicle right?

Nick
19-12-04, 11:03 PM
yes that's the badger.

it's stated as "causing alarm,distress or annoyance to any member of the public" or something along those lines.

basically, it's as general as hell. you could get done for having a yellow car.

as cos some bastard biddy wasn't wearing their bi-focals.

DrivingSpanner
19-12-04, 11:05 PM
ahh me blue car will fall foul of that when its back on the road, the colour is loud as fcuk and so is tha zorst, which i put on my runaround to day, jesus its loud, ear plugs require to drive down the A12!!! at 75mph!!!

Nick
19-12-04, 11:07 PM
mine was stupid.

70mph made my ears bleed.

you just couldn't get it to run quiet.

it was really raspy tho, sounded like a rally car :-)

DrivingSpanner
19-12-04, 11:10 PM
ditto, i mad it to day a couple of tiny straight thu silencers i had lying around at work!!! with 1 3/4 " stainless pipe and a 2.5 inch stainless tail pipe doesnt look much from the back but its shinny and LOUD even at idle made the 3" peco thing i had on sound silent!!!

Jack
19-12-04, 11:12 PM
ear plugs require to drive down the A12!!! at 75mph!!!

lol so you'll get nicked for speeding too then :wink:

DrivingSpanner
19-12-04, 11:13 PM
except they wont be able to get close enough to pull me over cause of the noise, but will hear me in france!

Jonlem
20-12-04, 11:28 AM
lacing up a big burnout at a cruise is certainly one way of getting a section 59.

My mate has a RWD toyota starlet with a welded diff and he cannot help himself to hang it everywhere he goes, he has been caught in Peterboro, yarmouth, cambridge etc.. eventually he done it in the same place twice and the impounded his car for it, he had to pay a fine (or collection fee) and the car was his again,

You can maybe have your car crushed but I think that this is court decision and its not upto the police, its more of a scare tactic to put you off driving badly or in a irresponsible manor as they would like to put it.

i haven't got one yet as I'm long past doing burnouts etc.. however when I get my mk2 back on the road I'm gonna have to weld a bolt behind the accelerator as it will be automatically sideways with 350bhp,

The most worrying thing I feel is what law they will think of next, cruising is coming to an end in a way, its good laugh I'll admit but sometimes things to get out of control and I dont find it as funny anymore, too many people have no insurance and that alone gives the old bill a good reason to be so arsey with everyone..

I have been to a few legal cruises and they all went very well, the old bill were there in force but everyone had a goodtime and the old bill were even egging my mate on in the starlet whilst he was doing the doughnut competetion, which incedentily he won! more of these would maybe be a good idea but incidents on the way to these legal cruises need to be stopped

broody
20-12-04, 12:51 PM
I remember going to a Donny cruise once which was patrolled by police, and it was very good, they drove around and just watched everyone really.

There should be more like that, The police and Cruise people just need to work together.