PDA

View Full Version : its gonna be tight!

Mike
19-12-04, 07:48 PM
i blew my engine today :cry: but ive already got another one, but it aint going in until January 2nd, because all me mate's are away doing various stuff ova X-mas, so ive gotta get it in on this weekend so i can get upto the MK meet! :(

i paid ?120 for a 83bhp (@ the wheels) mk2 1.4SR lump, and all ive got to do is put in my Weber's and exhaust system on, then job done!

hope'ing to nock 100bhp @ the wheels once its all set up properly :|

good job me mate's have experience in this area, this SR engine is out of me mate's motor thats now a 125bhp GSi conversion (he shud be coming to MK with me) so shud be a gud weekends work, in the cold!!!!!!!!

Adam
19-12-04, 08:38 PM
How did you blow yours up??

Nick
19-12-04, 09:06 PM
83bhp-100bhp with webbers is maybe a tad optomistic, but you should get somewhere around that !

Get the head gas flowed/ported/polished and you should see 100bhp easily.

Philsutton
19-12-04, 09:12 PM
mine made 90bhp at the wheels and mine had a cam, twin carbs head work including uprated valves. 100 at the wheels is going to a bit harder to get i would imagine

Nick
19-12-04, 09:13 PM
but if it's already got 82bhp i'd hope it'd have some work already done to it, maybe a cam and some very light headwork ?

Snowface
19-12-04, 09:20 PM
the 82bhp that engine you got was probably with Twin 40's.

So putting 40's back on it won't give anymore power. especially not 20bhp.

If it got 82bhp without 40's then it must have a magic wand.

82bhp at fly more likely.

Mike
20-12-04, 12:40 PM
nope, definetly 82bhp WITHOUT weber's @ the wheel's.

the ex owner has the graph's to prove it too :D

krobinson
20-12-04, 01:04 PM
82bhp @ wheels without 40's is complete bollacks, And you have no chance of getting 100bhp @ wheels with 40's. If he has graphs then there was something wrong with the rollers. I've got a pretty high spec 1300, and it should make just over 100bhp @ fly, to get more than that on a 1300/1400SR engine, you need some serious work done to the head, using a very high profile cam etc.

Keith

Mike
21-12-04, 09:13 PM
T40's + 11 thou piston skim + piper cam + lightened and balanced flywheel + GSi gearbox + full ashley exhaust system.

think that shud liberate sum more ponies then? :roll:

and an SRi cylinder head!

Nick
21-12-04, 10:56 PM
you'l have to buy a new inlet manifold to run the 40's on the SRI head , as it's the same as a 1.6 head i think !?

maybe wrong tho

srs1
22-12-04, 08:19 AM
why dont you stop b*tching about him and let him get on with the work. then he can get the car on the rollers.
or he can show you on the 9th.
hope you get the work done in time so you can be at the meet.

Mike
22-12-04, 07:17 PM
ill be @ the meet at Milton, that aint no problem. althou webers arnt going on until bout feb/march once i pay back me debt and get sum NOS. :wink:

in building my car id like to thank, Egg, Capital One and Barclays! :|

loads of money that aint mine :cry:

DrivingSpanner
22-12-04, 07:39 PM
in building my car id like to thank, Egg, Capital One and Barclays! :|

loads of money that aint mine :cry:

and i thought i was bad sometimes!!!! good luck mate

Mike
22-12-04, 07:42 PM
and the missus dont even no yet!!!!

gud luck paying it back? or gud luck building my car? :lol:

cuz ill need it for both!

benji
22-12-04, 09:10 PM
T40's + 11 thou piston skim + piper cam + lightened and balanced flywheel + GSi gearbox + full ashley exhaust system.

think that shud liberate sum more ponies then? :roll:

and an SRi cylinder head!
what spec cam? what chokes you gonna use in the 40's?

bring it to pod when it's done.

Mike
22-12-04, 09:16 PM
piper fast road cam kit, the chokes will be the standard sport one's. For now neway?
once everything is all up an running, ill install me NOS and prolly be reduilding the engine by about April i reckon!

benji
22-12-04, 09:32 PM
28mm choke's on a 1400 :?

Mike
22-12-04, 09:34 PM
is that bad then? ive never ran weber's in my life, so excuse me if i sound a bit saft! :oops:

im used to fuel injection and working with ECU's etc! :|

Nick
22-12-04, 09:56 PM
NOS and prolly be reduilding the engine by about April i reckon!

lol Nos isn't as cheap as it sounds. Ontop of the Kit itselt, a progressive injection monitor/controller costs about ?500, this is essential really, unless you've got a really strong base build.

Most of the kits also don't have a system that controls the mixture dependant on the bottle pressure. Again this is kind of essential.

you'l be rebuilding your engine the day after the nos is put on if you don't rebuild it by some degree before hand.

Nick
22-12-04, 10:00 PM
i'e really looked into it for mine mate, and on a standard engine your gonna need some form of progressive injection, which helps reduce the sharpness, and give you a smooth increase in power.

Should help to keep things from breaking.

either that or beef it all up a bit, and you'd beable to get away withouth the progressive controller which is the costly part. + the rebuild of the engine would give you more BHP.

benji
22-12-04, 10:36 PM
i'e really looked into it for mine mate, and on a standard engine your gonna need some form of progressive injection, which helps reduce the sharpness, and give you a smooth increase in power.

Should help to keep things from breaking.

either that or beef it all up a bit, and you'd beable to get away withouth the progressive controller which is the costly part. + the rebuild of the engine would give you more BHP.

go on RB and ask bobfish about his 1400