PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? help

Marc
19-12-04, 07:32 PM
rite i write me car off on thursday proper bad (will get it pics n updated on me old nova) then the next day saw a well tidy mk2 1.2i sx at the local garage which i know own :D the prob is that the bottom half of the car is silver n didnt know if this was rite or not

oh yeh wanted to know wot wud b beater if i get a half respray on the silver bit to get the whole car the same grey colour or get sum black vynel n voer the bottom in that n get me bumpers sprayed black to match?

any comments wud be helpful

Mike
19-12-04, 07:39 PM
u'll probably find that the bottom half of this nova at sum point had suffered from mega bad rust, or they could of just painted it two tone?

personally, ive never seen a two tone nova about?

Jack
19-12-04, 07:45 PM
Only two tone novas I know of are ones that have been purposefully painted that way by owners. Wonder what colour the logbook has on it :lol:

When you say the bottom half is silver, do you just mean from the side bump strips downwards?

Tbh if you're looking at getting it resprayed you'd probably be better off getting the whole lot done as the paint match most likely won't be spot on.

Marc
19-12-04, 07:48 PM
yeh i mean bumper strips down. yeh thats wot i wonted to do but the money i had was spent on this car because of em writin off the old 1 =( so wud hav to be half dun job if i get it sprayed. which is a shame

Jack
19-12-04, 07:52 PM
Well if its from bump strips down, and you keep the strips on you might be able to get away with it? As the two different paints don't 'touch' each other?

Marc
19-12-04, 07:54 PM
wel luks like i will hav to save up the pennys, but then again i like the whole de-stripped luk but i guess will hav to find away around this or jet keep savin n get it all sprayed

Nick
19-12-04, 09:23 PM
if it'stoo mjuch hassle, buy a single colour one.

Marc
19-12-04, 09:26 PM
thats true but wen the its as tidy as it was n the price it was goin at and the fact i need a new car it was my only choose!

Nick
19-12-04, 09:30 PM
did you look under neath it ? under the bumpers (front and rear panel)

under the boot carpet ? both arches ?

Sills ?

Engine bay ?

sometimes they look good, but are complete shit heaps

Philsutton
19-12-04, 09:45 PM
when i got my 5 door, the guy before had thought it made it look sportyer to paint under the bump strips grey an silver on top. Have to say it isnt like that anymore

Nick
19-12-04, 10:08 PM
i wish i was as cool as him.

Jack
19-12-04, 10:40 PM
Proper d00d 8)

Ricks
19-12-04, 10:44 PM
bet it looked sexy