PDA

View Full Version : Work?

Anonymous
11-01-02, 09:00 AM
Most people here seem to know a fair bit about motors, possably more than your average vauxhall garage man, But does anyone here actually work in a garage?
i guess Ste could always get a job as a vauxhall specalist if he doesn't do that aready!

Anonymous
11-01-02, 09:19 AM
one of the admin, cant remember which works/worked building nissans... does that count?

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
11-01-02, 10:06 AM
I work next to a garage, does that count?!?!? lol!

2.0 16v on it's way soon!!! (again!!!!) :)

Anonymous
11-01-02, 11:56 AM
its likely my apprentice honda technician status should be confirmed by mid feb B-)

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
11-01-02, 12:03 PM
I ask this cause im a graphic designer, and until i got my nova i knew nothing about cars, but now i would happily tackle almost any job on my car. I done rebuilds, changed gearboxes etc etc. I wouldn't have dreamed of doing anything like that 3 years ago.

Anonymous
11-01-02, 12:21 PM
That was the same with me but novas have very basic engines simple to work on engines

But if you have got a mate who is a mechanic get him to do it :D

Cheers jim mate ;)

we used to spend many a sunday fixing my fucked nova lol

and now i have fucked it good and proper :(

i am on the save for a new motor

Anonymous
11-01-02, 01:37 PM
3 years ago, I payed around 600 squid when my head gasket went. (compleatly ripped off - by how did i know). Now, I wouldn't take the car to the garage for anything.

You learn by doing.......

Anonymous
11-01-02, 03:08 PM
I worked for Porsche for just over 3 years in their bodyshop as a panel beater, and now I work for a bodyshop which just deals with vauxhall fleet management/lease cars,

Anonymous
11-01-02, 04:51 PM
yup

ive worked for 5 years as a car valleter in allsorts of garages from nissan to ford to vuaxhall and seat etc etc

now i build nissans for a living (mans job :D)

anybody want any advice on the new primera driveshafts or hubs then drop me a line LOL

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
11-01-02, 07:35 PM
worked evenings/weekends in a small back street garage/bodyshop unpayed :O but most of the time i worked on my own car :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
12-01-02, 10:23 AM
the rest ov novaload musnt work at all ;)

Micky@novaload.net