PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt XE in,nearly on the road,what do you think? (pics)

dathers
19-12-04, 02:04 AM
Its been a while coming but its very nearly done,just gotta put the interior and dash back in now,get it registered and run the rebuilt XE in.
What d'ya think?
And befor you say,yes im lowering the front a tad more.
Ive got a set of blue silicone hoses to go on as well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/dathers/DSC00605.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/dathers/DSC00606.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/dathers/DSC00549.jpg
Dave

broody
19-12-04, 03:20 AM
I love the colour, id be afraid to get the inner arches dirty after the look so nice!

Love the crackle paint aswell!

Top work mate, credit to ya.

Neil

Mike.
19-12-04, 09:52 AM
that looks great, the colour is really nice aswell

morrie
19-12-04, 11:07 AM
Yeah, thats a beast like. :D

burgo
19-12-04, 11:53 AM
spanking mate the cam cover is mint aswell

krobinson
19-12-04, 12:44 PM
Looks superb mate, well done! How long you been working on it?

Keith

Riggy
19-12-04, 01:21 PM
lookin well nice just how my xe is goin to look but mine will be gsi interior :lol: breeze blue is the future :lol:

ps where bouts in bolton are you as im down in middleton

carl

ps a new pic of mine cheers chris for a great bargin http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/riggy4/IM000176.jpg

GT-Dub
19-12-04, 02:15 PM
Hey up, Another Bolton Nova Nuttah :D

Mark
19-12-04, 02:19 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

dan16v
19-12-04, 05:08 PM
very nice m8 looks mint! :D

scott.parker
19-12-04, 06:26 PM
Yeah very nice car mate,saw you post about the rocker cover getting done on mig,is a nice touch too.

scott

Lukeo
19-12-04, 07:00 PM
Thats proper nice mate. how much did it all cost u?

Luke

hiphop wont stop like the heat in my veins

dathers
19-12-04, 07:29 PM
I bought it as a bare shell in january,and it was finished in about july.
3 weeks after some w*nker went through a red light,driving head on into me,then fecking off,not one witness,and i spent the night in hospital!
Luckily was fully comp so its been repaired properly at a proper insurance garage and has had another full respray as i wasnt 100% happy with the first one.
So while the repairs were being done the XE was fully rebuilt and i fitted rear discs and an astra 16v non abs master cylinder and servo,and a brandnew vaux GSi front bumper,left grey.
And fitted poly bushes all round.
The interior is gonna be fron a nova sri in blue/grey,with a blue carpet from a nova antibes,which took some finding!
Dave

dan16v
19-12-04, 08:30 PM
Dave what have you done to the cam cover? that effect looks realy good! like the black parts on the z20let!
do you have any other plans for the engine?
dan

epo
19-12-04, 08:37 PM
that looks well smart

dathers
19-12-04, 08:57 PM
Once the car is on the road and ive done the interior etc,once the engine is well run in with a good few K miles on it,I was gonna experiment with some bike throttle bodies and programable ecu to try and make a cheap TB setup.
Dave

dan16v
19-12-04, 11:54 PM
good thinking, i remember when my nova was an xe, my local tuner told me to get some honda black bird bodies or zx12 ones and make a system with him from there, wish i did as let's are to expensive. wish i got a tp 208kit and lsd :D

dathers
20-12-04, 12:32 AM
From what you here on here and mig the turbos seem very unreliable!
And i would think a 200bhp TB'd XE would get better traction than a 200bhp LET,especially in a nova.
Ive got a set of GSXR750 injection throttle bodies which could easily be fitted,just need an ecu,might go for a home made megasquirt.
Dave

SREmma
20-12-04, 10:43 AM
:D That looks well nice mate and as most people have said love the colour :D

:lilangel:

dathers
20-12-04, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the good comments,it makes the many hours hard work,scrapped knuckles,cuts and bruises all worth while when people say its nice.
Its an old british leyland/rover colour origionally used on allegro's, its called 'pagent mid-blue'.
The bumpers are staying grey and not being colour coded and ive also got a set of GTE/GSi skirts to go on once if under sealed the sills properly.
Im not one for cheap tacky 'massive' body kits which is why it has just a GSi bymper on it,ive gone for smooth rather than big kit,the lines between the front and rear side windows have been smoothed out,along with the lines behind the rear side windows,the scuttle panel vents are smoothed out and one of the wiper holes filled ready for a single wiper.
The boot is also smoothed,and the number plate will be recessed when i get round to it,and ive got some daewoo nexia door handles to go on,and its been delocked.
The only badge is a VXR one on the boot lid,which im not totally decided on,it may come off yet and be replaced with 'vauxhall nova' in the new style chrome letters made up of several badges to get the letters to make 'nova'.
Should be on the road very soo,need to get a good few K miles on it before a rolling road day in a few months with MIG up at well lane turbo centre.
Any more comments/ideas?

Matt Nova
21-12-04, 01:19 AM
well nice mate

i'd go for the throttle bodies definately

and have no badges on it

srs1
21-12-04, 12:26 PM
i like the look mate.

makes me start to think of doing my head now, colour codeing it.