PDA

View Full Version : c16se on twin 40s

deavouk
18-12-04, 07:23 PM
In the porcess of doing a mad coversion on my car. Before I tell you what it is, need to know a few figs. What performace would i get from a 1.6 8v twin 40s. I know it will differ in my car but what would you get in a nova.
*bhp
*top speed
*torque

what are these producing in standard form to...

by the way the car is a mini running on 13 inch wheels. Go on have a laugh but will be quick as shit hopfully.

cheers for your help.

Philsutton
18-12-04, 08:07 PM
What engine is it as that will depend how much bhp it will have as standard. If it is the Nova GTE then they came with 100bhp. On twin carbs some head work an a suitable camshaft i would expect some where around 130-140.

100bhp in a mini is quick so anything more will put a smile on your face

-Bruce-
18-12-04, 10:14 PM
Phil is correct mate on the figures. And top speed in not realy a factor in a mini lol. Its hardly a aerodynamicaly exellent car lol.

But the plans sound good, i realy like minis.

Philsutton
18-12-04, 10:18 PM
opps just seen it says c16se, so yeah it will be the 100bhp one

VXRALLY
19-12-04, 10:30 AM
i thought minis where pants in till me mate took me out in his twin engine (fireblade) one. 0_ 60 in 2.9 i thought it fast but its good job really cos cost him 40k to build. he was on telly with it and was in ccc. so you may have seen it

deavouk
19-12-04, 11:45 AM
Engine will be out of a m3 astra. Still learning about thses engines so hope that sounds right. I would love to reach 130BHp and have a top speed of about 115Mph. Is that possible. Am I living in dream world or....

Will it cost me a bank to get that performace or are they a good engine to have tuned.

Others kits you can buy for mini can allow you to fit 2.0 16V with twin webbers but that will be to quick and would have to extend the front by an inch. They say in a mni you can get 170Bhp.

Have a look here www.16vminiclub.com

Philsutton
19-12-04, 11:56 AM
130bhp an 115mph is cetainly obtainable fromt he 1.6. You can get a hell of a lot more than 170 out the 2lt but weather or not thats a good idea in a mini is a different matter

dunova
19-12-04, 11:59 AM
Hey deavouk i have a 1.6 8v (e16se) and will be fitting twin 40's, kent ast2 cam and a skimmed and ported head. I am hoping/predicting it will be rolling roaded at 130-135bhp as i think these are realistic figures. So you should get roughly 130bhp with twin 40's, a decent cam and some head work, but with twin 40's alone i think you would only reach approx. 115bhp.

I've got everything i need to fit now, but i'm going to wait until after the winter as i dont want to kill myself :o

deavouk
19-12-04, 12:15 PM
Hi Dunova
sounds like i am on to a winner with my car then but the kind of work to are on about is it costly or achiveable on a engine budget of about 500 quid. Already have engine and twin 40's.

cant wait to get the car finished and start tearing up the streets. ha ha

cheers kidda

dunova
19-12-04, 02:14 PM
?500 should be enough i would have thought. I was quite careful when i bought all of my stuff. I got my twin 40's for ?98, manifold and lowering bracket for ?70, red top fuel pump and pressure regulator for ?40, camshaft for ?100 (almost brand new) and cylinder head for ?75.

The cylinder head isn't the best but it's been skimmed, ported and gas flowed, and i'll be getting it acid dipped and crack tested before i fit it.

So you've got ?500 to get a cam and head work? That should be fine mate. If you can afford it/find a second hand one i'd get a blydenstein B+ head-everyone on here will tell you they are the best! Wish i could afford one :roll:

Philsutton
19-12-04, 05:29 PM
the only problem with buying cheap carbs is you dont know whether they need a rebuild or not

dunova
19-12-04, 05:37 PM
the only problem with buying cheap carbs is you dont know whether they need a rebuild or not

You could have the same problem even if you spent more though. Unless they're brand new or have been re-built then you have to take that risk.

With mine, the guy had just taken them off his nova sport after scrapping it as it was fooked. I was told they were working fine but have had them stripped down and rebuilt anyway.