PDA

View Full Version : Wings, MOT work

Anonymous
11-01-02, 12:04 PM
Cars just failed the MOT because of old and corroded inner wings. How much am i looking at to get it sorted?

And the inner c.v.

Please give me good news. Its looking bleak me thinks

Anonymous
11-01-02, 12:17 PM
:O
has the cv joint gone or has the rubber cover just split if the rubber cover has split it will cost you about ?35 at a garage

and if your inner win problem is the same as some one i know had it is going to cost you a fair bit

i am on the save for a new motor

Anonymous
11-01-02, 12:23 PM
not worth paying for it to get repaired, next MOT car will be even worse and if inner wings are corroded it aint an easy job to fix.
wot reg is ur car? model??

if u deff wanna pay to get inner wings sorted, how much damage is there?? will cost hundreds if theres a lot of welding needed.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but my car just failed MOT badly due to corrosion not so long ago.

Dave

Anonymous
11-01-02, 01:23 PM
Its G plate GTE. I dont have the time or space to transfer all of my stuf on to something like a 1.0 i use the car daily and i aint gettin anythin slower! Dont really have much to spend, probs get my hands on around a grand if i went for a new mota. Has to be o NOVA OF COURSE! ;) Ineer arches will need replacing i think.

Anonymous
11-01-02, 01:45 PM
there have been a couple of gsis in my local rag for 995 and there were quite nice
i think you best be is to reshell it

put is all on a mk 2 shell

Anonymous
11-01-02, 01:51 PM
It allready has a mrk 3 front. I dont have space to do it all, nor the facilitys really. I have a garage at home, but dont think my folks would like another car in there!

Anonymous
11-01-02, 02:39 PM
it probabally would not take that long to resheel it just take 3 days off work and get a nice mate to help

Anonymous
11-01-02, 02:42 PM
can u get pics of the dammage?

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Driver required to take car to VBOA/TRAX apply at ste@novaload.net

Anonymous
11-01-02, 03:14 PM
I am at work at the moment and dont finish till 7, so it will be dark by then. I will take pictures of what i can on Sunday, and sort something out then.

I had no idea the innner arches were that bad! :O oh dear.

Still waiting for a price of my usuall place.