PDA

View Full Version : Front fogs & No need!

Anonymous
07-01-02, 11:24 PM
I gotta comment on the amount of people who drive round with their front fog lights on, when theres no fog or crappy weather to justify it. It seems its not just the little boy saxo drivers that do it - but your average 40 yr old woman in a Focus. I'm sorry but no offence intended to anyone that does it - but it really annoys me! x-(

Does it annoy you?
Not Bother you?
Or can't complain cus you do it yourself (if u have any fitted)

Anonymous
08-01-02, 12:21 AM
FOGS are great :D i just wish i had some fitted :)

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
08-01-02, 12:36 AM
They look gr8! Can't w8 to get some on my car!!!

MY CAR WILL BE FINISHED!!!

Anonymous
08-01-02, 07:00 AM
Most older people that do it have them on because they think they are just extra driving lights... had a good arguement with my aunt about it once.
Younger people do it because it looks good...

Either way it's still illegal to have fogs on when there is no sign of adverse conditions as it blinds on-coming traffic...
A lad i know got fined ?100 on the spot for it last summer. Of course he just handed over the money and drove off and then put them back on again...

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
08-01-02, 08:41 AM
you are alowed to have them on any time if you own a bmw !

i am on the save for a new moter

Anonymous
08-01-02, 08:46 AM
why?
seems a bit unfair?
what about if you owna nova with bmw badges on it?

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
08-01-02, 09:34 AM
You're allowed to do a lot of stuff that other drivers can't do if you own a BMW :p I agree with you Scottyboy, I also think there is no need to have them on all the time. They do look good, but only when used in the correct manner.

Anonymous
08-01-02, 10:35 AM
perhaps the BMW lights are driving lights. A lot of people seem to get confused between the two as driving lights are legal to have on since they dont blind oncoming drivers.

Anonymous
08-01-02, 05:52 PM
do u rekon it looks good when your fogs are on?

i think it looks sad

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
08-01-02, 08:57 PM
Well i got 'driving lights' but i cant be bothered with the hassle from the cops anymore for using them. Southend cops said get em set up properly and u can use em, others have said differently.So I have angled them to give me best light covereage when I'm out on the late night B road drives, not rallying and going fast of course ;)

Nad

More light on the road said was an excuse used by many ppl. I used it as well. I see it as more lights the faster u can go. Hence why I am getting 2 more and maybe a light pod :D

1 nutter, some kit, some filler and spray and wallah!! Who was it that said 'Everythings been done to Nova's' ?

Anonymous
08-01-02, 09:36 PM
Took me an full afternoon's work to get rid ov my two fogs which where moulded into my Gsi bumper they just didnt suit the car, i know wat u mean Scotty though it does look shite wid Fogs on in good weather.

Anonymous
08-01-02, 10:00 PM
rrrrrrrrrrr i h8 fogs in a car park once my large m8 had sum 1 wiv fogs on bhind him he got out the car walked ova n said do u c ne fog? the m8ty said no were in a multi storie my m8 said good me neither so turn the fuking fog lights off!x-(

Anonymous
09-01-02, 09:26 AM
haha!

Anonymous
09-01-02, 10:17 AM
are there any lights you can add to the front bumper that arent foggies.I do want some near the bottom of my bumper but I want them standard brightness. In the dark I reckon it excentuates the lower front bumper.

Anonymous
09-01-02, 09:40 PM
I think fogs are a pain in the butt to! i full beam people who drive with them on,i thought it was against the law to have them on when theres no fog? the main drivers are pug i think,B*****ds!!!!

Anonymous
11-01-02, 01:43 AM
My Projector Beam fogs don't dazzle anyone 'cos they have a clever "beam cut-off" built into 'em.

I set the level up at night in the pitch black so I could see if they would dazzle oncoming drivers and they don't.
It helps with them being so low down too.....right near the bottom of the bumper.
I'm planning on fitting 'em to the GTE when I can find the time.

I agree btw about dicks who use 'em when they're not needed.....I only ever used mine when it was foggy.