PDA

View Full Version : Braided brake hoses

Nova_Newbie
16-12-04, 09:35 PM
What sort of money are baraided brake hoses and do they improve the braking?

General Baxter
16-12-04, 09:40 PM
there about ?40-?50 a set

dont know on performance as iv have never used them

scott.parker
16-12-04, 10:06 PM
Yeah about the price nick said,as for performance,im sure they must do as they help keep a better presure in the lines,so would make the pedel more responsive,dont take my word on it though..

scott

Nick
16-12-04, 10:18 PM
yep, they are not cheap....

coming from the MTB days, i had Hope disks (still have them) on my jump bike. Hope used to make them with Braided hoses, but stopped.

I think this was because the Advantage of them didn't outwiegh the extra cost to produce them. from what i remember (the front was braided) it tended to produce a less "mushier" feeling.

i'd guess the same theory is applied to cars, so as scott said, they might produce a more responsive and less mushy feel.

Apart from that , they're more durable and look cool :-)

Nick
16-12-04, 10:20 PM
infact i'l strip the brakes this weekend as rebuild them and i'l tell you what i think.

(remember, this is a bike im on about = same prinicipal tho )

General Baxter
16-12-04, 10:24 PM
"mushier"

lol

mush!

sorry iv been on the magic mushrooms! :wink:

Nova_Newbie
16-12-04, 10:26 PM
What bike is it?

I have a fazer thou and it has front and rear braided pipes, they have been fitted since I bought it so I couldn't say whether it is better, saw some on eBay they're up tp ?20 didn't know how far to go.

Cheers for the advice

a11ova
16-12-04, 10:40 PM
i have some, and i noticed that the brakes are a bit more reponsive. also come mot time, its one less thing to worry about in the perished or split department 8)

Nick
16-12-04, 10:58 PM
a11ova, i think that's the real main advantage, their durability...

The Bike is a mountain bike lol... it's an Azonic Evolution (easton elite aluminium) just a pretty fcking stupid spec. Cost me about ?2000 new.

Nick
16-12-04, 11:00 PM
"mushier"

lol

mush!

sorry iv been on the magic mushrooms! :wink:
lol

mush........y PEAS !

Mike
18-12-04, 09:44 PM
i have some Goodrich braided s/steel lines on my nova (bought to pass MOT)

i paid just ova ?50 from demon tweeks, and i can tell u now, there sh*te. :evil:

my brakes feel a whole lot worse since they have been fitted, so IMO i would stike to the standards one's unles ur packin turbo power :|

Nick
18-12-04, 10:00 PM
they probably feel worse because of a bleeding problem when they were fitted.

in essence they are a tube just like the plasticy ones.

get them bled, because they should improve it slightly.