PDA

View Full Version : Idleing

BigStan
16-12-04, 04:09 PM
Got a bit of a problem with my GTE, starting it up is fine until it warms up then it sounds like its gonna cut out, after a while it finally does. The rev counter says that its tryin to idle at 1000rpm, whilst it is idleing at this the engine seems to be moving about more than it should do, surely 1000rpm should be enough to keep it from sounding like its gunna cut out and then finally cutting out ?

Any suggestions ?
Cheers

retrosi
16-12-04, 05:32 PM
misfire? check your ht leads, plugs etc. especially if the engines bouncing about

Ben
17-12-04, 09:05 AM
Hi Stan

Was it not the earth strap like i said?

Seems strange as it was snapped off.

(i pressume its my old GTE you bought off me?)

BigStan
17-12-04, 01:51 PM
Got another earth strap so starts fine now but still doesnt sound like it is runnin 100%.
Got it home ok, few jump starts here and there. Lot of fun to drive, epsecially compared to a 1.2 !!
I pressume its declared of the road and i have to fill out the right forms to get it back on yes ?

Ben
17-12-04, 03:15 PM
Yes you will just need to take the green slip etc and the MOT to the Post Office.

The car has never idled that well due to the high lift cam etc, every now and then just adjust the revs etc.

Glad yoiu enjoying it, i loved driving that car it just flies lovely and handles so well.