PDA

View Full Version : what is a killswitch and how . . . . .

novajay
16-12-04, 02:40 PM
so folks
whats a killswitch and how do i fit one ??
after getting my car back last night after it got stolen the other week some1 suggested a killswitch ??

any help is good help !!!

morrie
16-12-04, 02:51 PM
basically it does the same as disconnecting your battery<exept in the form as a big switch.

Matt Nova
16-12-04, 03:10 PM
theres a gadget like this called disconnect or something only cheap

Ben
16-12-04, 03:13 PM
just buy and cheap switch, pull,push,flick etc and cut anywhere into either the ignition wire, fuel pump relay feed, starter motor feed and fit the switch in and trace it back and hide it somewhere in the car.

Costs about ?1 and can save your car from thieves.

Dont make it obvious where it is or dont put it under the dash shelves or similar

Chris
16-12-04, 05:44 PM
Dont forget to label it up and put an arrow towards it lol. Only joking. THe best wire to use is the Black on coming from you ignition switch. Put this to a simple on-off switch and hide it.

Chris

Nick
16-12-04, 05:58 PM
lol that's a really good idea.

you could put about five in , just inacase you ever go to liverpool or something :-)

anyone got some advice on alarms, i'm gonna get a Cat 1 system, is it worth delocking the doors !?

Philsutton
16-12-04, 06:04 PM
Also get hold of a small land mine and hide it under the drivers seat. This then will need to be wired into the killswitch so that if the car is started in its off position then it explodes scattering the offending pikeys genitals over a large area.

Nick
16-12-04, 06:07 PM
lmao..

unfortunatly destorying your car beyond recognition in the process.

Nick
16-12-04, 06:08 PM
Or just get one of them new dodge vipers and make sure you give it a good ragging before you leave it anywhere :-)

in-built flamer protection lmao.

Philsutton
16-12-04, 06:15 PM
if i had to take out my car to rid the world of just one theiving scummer then so be it.

in-built flamer protection lmao
saw that on top gear when they were ragging it, then the sills caught fire lmao

Jack
16-12-04, 07:04 PM
Dont make it obvious where it is or dont put it under the dash shelves or similar

Hmm, when my car got broken into in Bath they didn't even notice my Snooper which was only sucked to the window - right in front of the drivers seat.

You could have a huge red button on the middle of the steering wheel labelled "START CAR" and your average chav would miss it :lol:

epo
16-12-04, 07:26 PM
dont forget tho if you have a key coded headunit or one which needs a transmitter key thing
and you used the kill switch you'll need to put the code in each time

Nick
16-12-04, 10:14 PM
good point ice man.

Lol phil, that was horrific, as if you run exhausts about 2cm's away from some carpet lmao wot were they thinking ?

but to be honest it looked a bit too "hollywood", i think Topgear hammed it up a bit.

General Baxter
16-12-04, 10:21 PM
You could have a huge red button on the middle of the steering wheel labelled "START CAR" and your average chav would miss it :lol:

well thats because they can not read

you would have to have a picture of the car being chased by a police car or something!

Nova_Newbie
16-12-04, 10:34 PM
I did hear of someone from Southend who was so p*ssed off with his van getting nicked he 'booby trapped' it, if you didn't switch of the mechanical alarm a large spike went straight in your a*se when you sat on the seat, def a nicking but it'd be nice to have a picture of the chavs face as he sits down to nick it!

I also recall some guy who was an electronics whizz who got p*ssed off with his car getting nicked, he wired up some sort of capacitor that gave a massive jolt if you touched the car, I recall he was charged with ABH after a car park security guard took a blast when he brushed past it.

Philsutton
16-12-04, 10:37 PM
thats how it should be, these little pricks have more rights to do what they want to our cars than we have to stop them

Nick
16-12-04, 11:05 PM
he wired up some sort of capacitor that gave a massive jolt if you touched the car, I recall he was charged with ABH after a car park security guard took a blast when he brushed past it.

Theres some defence systems in america that employ flamers along the sills, smoke e.t.c but it's america, so you can probably legally gas a car theif to death.

i suppose it should be ok, if you get set on fire trying to knick someone's car, it's 100% your own fault for being a bellend

epo
17-12-04, 08:34 AM
he wired up some sort of capacitor that gave a massive jolt if you touched the car, I recall he was charged with ABH after a car park security guard took a blast when he brushed past it.

Theres some defence systems in america that employ flamers along the sills, smoke e.t.c but it's america, so you can probably legally gas a car theif to death.

i suppose it should be ok, if you get set on fire trying to knick someone's car, it's 100% your own fault for being a bellend

in this contry we have the smoke machine which you set up to your alarm

should your alarm go off it fills the inside of the car with smoke

Ben
17-12-04, 08:45 AM
I bought a GSi with no immob or alarm, the first thing i done was immobilise the fuel pump relay with a switch under the carpet and it saved the car when some sod tried nicking it outside my girlfriends parents, i found the switch in the garage so it cost me ZERO

GT-Dub
17-12-04, 11:49 AM
Fucking skally's...

I used to have a large baseball bat in my car, and in my room and one in the hall and a hammer near my tool box Just in case...

epo
17-12-04, 12:17 PM
f**k skally's...

I used to have a large baseball bat in my car, and in my room and one in the hall and a hammer near my tool box Just in case...

i have two knuckle bars in my car a set of brass knuckles too

in the house theres me base ball bat
and my mate stanley never too far away
am a very paranoid\protective person

Ben
17-12-04, 12:19 PM
Only pussy's need weapons, i normally look at em and they run LOL

Stuart
17-12-04, 12:29 PM
thats becasue your a weird looking fool, who might try and eat them or worse, talk to them :p

Ben
17-12-04, 01:32 PM
At leats im not an inbreed you fat fuck faggot :!:

Stuart
17-12-04, 02:02 PM
HEY, im not inbread ! :P

Ben
17-12-04, 03:09 PM
Got pics that the scientists would love to see to prove otherwise!