PDA

View Full Version : Heater Matrix ??

DEATHCAT
16-12-04, 01:32 PM
hi is the heater matrix the black plastic box type thing hanging under the middle of the dash / windscreen.

also if so i think i need a new one because its always whisling and driving me crasy. the plastic pannel that connects to it and then to the top of the dash is nackered.

how much do these usually cost to get hold off ??

thx in advance

skud52
16-12-04, 03:30 PM
yea thats the heater matrix,

should be reasonably cheap from a scrapyard, wouldn't expect to pay more than a fiver!

make sure you drain the coolant 1st or you'll end up with a right mess inside the car

DEATHCAT
16-12-04, 04:02 PM
well the one @ the scrapyard im not arsed about lol but how would i drain mine

-Bruce-
16-12-04, 05:01 PM
Not realy sure what your talking about mate. As if the blower system is making a whistling noise or a sqeeking noise then it might be the heater motor bearings that are worn!! That is located under a plastic shroud on the right handside of your battery in the engine bay.

hope this helps mate. might save you alot of hasle.

bruce

DEATHCAT
16-12-04, 05:20 PM
nar m8 its not that trust me its the plastic bit which connects to the top part of the dash and send air to the windscreen and the 2 vents next to the hazzard light switch. its broke so air is escaping through it and making a horrible noise lol but i can't fix it unless i change the whole thing since its broke.

-Bruce-
16-12-04, 05:32 PM
oh rite mate, thats fine!! just thought i would say as taking a heater matrix out can be a bugger sometimes. So would have been good if it was the motor. ah well

bruce

Ricks
16-12-04, 06:14 PM
if you are looking to drain the heater im sure its a pipe running near your carb into that heater area i took mine off the other day and water pissed everywhere. but im not sure if that drains it.

someone on here will know they know what there talking about they help me out alot