PDA

View Full Version : c16xe engine

Miester
16-12-04, 12:24 PM
where would i find a c16xe engine and would it just go straight into a nova or would i need the wiring loom new drive shafts etc etc and what would be best to make it quicker as i was reading it was restricted how would i go about getting it derestricted and how much quicker would it be?

thanks

Philsutton
16-12-04, 12:27 PM
It will fit straight in use your shafts ect.. the restriction on it is the inlet. It goes round the engine an down the back before going anywhere near the manifold. If you get rid if this by fitting tb's you will get a massive increase or you can just modify the original so that it goes straight to the manifold. 150bhp isnt very hard to get out of this engine which is a massive increase over standard

Ben
16-12-04, 12:29 PM
easy top deristrict get a Mantzel powerbox, there not great but certainly much better, you need loom etc etc but shafts mounts etc all the same.

Ojc
16-12-04, 05:21 PM
Hurry up and get your Mantzel boxs, they've gone bust.

Ben
17-12-04, 09:03 AM
Justnovas will have thousands of them they fit them to everything!!!

j1400
17-12-04, 09:55 AM

they've just stopped making them?? I thought it was cause the engines een around 10years and they've moved on to the new engines??

Aragorn
19-12-04, 10:43 AM
well afaik the x16xe used in corsas untill recently was the same manifold so i cant see how they can claim theyve moved on to newer products ??

DrivingSpanner
19-12-04, 01:27 PM
Time to make a carbon air box me thinks! are u sure they have gone bust tho?