PDA

View Full Version : ebay or e-gay

DrivingSpanner
15-12-04, 07:27 PM
well the clue is in the title really what do you all think it seams to be a lot of homo rubish there...!

Nick
15-12-04, 07:30 PM
some good stuff can be found.

but it's slowly fulling up with rubbish, con-artists and tw@ts.

All this "no bidders with no feedback please"

how is a new user meant to bid for anything lol.

it's past it's best imo

Dar
15-12-04, 07:39 PM
My little bro seems to like it, and a mate of mine has had some really good deals from there as well. But personally I avoid it and therefore haven't bothered looking at it much.

The complaints I hear the most about ebay are :-

1) You can have your stuff up for auction for a long time but no one bothers bidding until the end.

2) If your winning a bid the chances are that someone who wants the item as well is waiting until the last possible second to out bid you by a small margin. Which I gather is highly annoying! IMO they should change the bidding process so that if a bid is placed you get another 10 mins or so to respond to the last bid, like in a real auction (only a longer time to respond).

Mind you it does have its funny items evey now and again.

Chris
15-12-04, 07:44 PM
really it is like 'a real auction' . When I got to any auction I assess the item I am going to be bidding on, then set myself a limit which I will go up to, just the same as ebay really. As for people leaving it til the end, that is just tactics, everyman for himself on there I'm afraid. I have been beaten at the last minute plenty of times, sometimes becuase someone is willing to pay more than me or because I have put a bid in lower than what I was willing to pay, in that case it is my fault. But if you are bidding on something and you put your maximum bid to what you think it is worth and it goes for more than your bid then just think of it as over priced

Chris

Jack
15-12-04, 07:44 PM
All this "no bidders with no feedback please"

Its usually the seller requests an email from a zero/negative feedback bidder so as to prove they're geniune - otherwise a seller would have to keep paying to relist items if he gets messed about, and its zero/negative bidders who are more likely to do this.

Nick
15-12-04, 07:53 PM
yes but when you want something, and it's gonna run out in 3 hours.

what's the likely hood of you sending a mail and replying, and then bidding within that 3 hours. not great.

Also, alot of people used to use programs that put bids in in the dying seconds. i.e ensuring that they win.
I think they've been banend somehow, that made me sour initially

Jack
15-12-04, 08:05 PM
Also, alot of people used to use programs that put bids in in the dying seconds. i.e ensuring that they win.
I think they've been banend somehow, that made me sour initially

Hmm... would probably be easier for a person to do it themselves, which most do. Its called sniping.

Nick
15-12-04, 08:06 PM
nah one of my friends used one. he got his account suspended.

it lterally bidded for you in the last seconds. meaning it was very hard for you not to win.

DrivingSpanner
16-12-04, 08:46 AM
so generally we think it is in the most part good thing with a few bad point, mostly caused by some bad users...

Ben
16-12-04, 12:20 PM
I love ebay from buying and selling sides.

When i Buy its exactly as Chris said.

When selling it is annoying when people dont pay, but if they have the time to cancel your bid then they have time to reply to an email?!?!

There are a huge amount of timewasters.

I now leave bidding until the dying seconds for obvious reasons..

If you bid with 5 days left then people can bid up more and the price rises. the fewer bids on it the lower the price so you get it cheaper when you bid late on.

106read it and weap LMFAO

DrivingSpanner
16-12-04, 01:12 PM
106 what BEN???? am i `being dumb or summut?

Ben
16-12-04, 01:35 PM
yup

Jack
16-12-04, 01:36 PM
Feedback score :wink:

Nick
16-12-04, 05:51 PM
lol, i can usually find stuff for cheaper/the same price if i look hard enough

+ knowing loadsa random people helps.

a11ova
16-12-04, 10:37 PM
is good for some stuff, but be careful, there are plenty of scam artists out there :evil:

a11ova
16-12-04, 10:38 PM
is good for some stuff, but be careful, there are plenty of scam artists out there :evil:

Ben
17-12-04, 08:59 AM
your one by the looks of your rank title...

?Marty?
17-12-04, 06:44 PM
^^^ lmao

Indeed there are scam artists. But, wherever there is an opportunity, there is someone there to try and take advantage.

But it's what makes it interesting. Especially when the cons are clever.

Fester
17-12-04, 10:34 PM
'Consumer Opportunities' I like to call them.

Ben
20-12-04, 09:38 AM
'Consumer Opportunities' I like to call them.

You should know more than most :lol: