PDA

View Full Version : Removing and fitting new ??

DEATHCAT
15-12-04, 12:44 PM
how do i remove the back windows (2 back side ones) so i can fit new blacked out one's ??

thx in advance

Philsutton
15-12-04, 02:13 PM
you need to pull back the seal on the inside an push it outwards, it will just pop out. You might need more than one person to do this and someeone to catch the window as you dont want to smash on the floor.

James B
15-12-04, 02:15 PM
easier with two people. get one person inside the car and one outside, start peeling away the seal and maintain constant pressure on the areas youve done as it has a ballache trick of popping back in normally, either that or wedge a few screwdrivers in around it

there you go really, itll just pop out

DEATHCAT
15-12-04, 02:36 PM
thx guys will try that

DrivingSpanner
15-12-04, 05:45 PM
it can be done on you own but as its you first time its probably best to have some one else there to catch it as you dont wanna drop it now do we. Remember to be aware that some police dont like blacked/tinted windows and may impound you car!!!

Philsutton
15-12-04, 05:47 PM
the police will fuck you over if your car isnt to the factory spec even if it isnt illegal

DrivingSpanner
15-12-04, 05:54 PM
true

DEATHCAT
15-12-04, 06:40 PM
i know the laws on tinting widows so i will tell the copper to f**k off

the laws are

It is ILLIGAL to tint you front windscreen
It is LEGAL to tint you front side windows but you must let 75% of light throught them.
It is LEGAL to tint you rear windows to hide any sort of system you my have in you boot or back seats ;)

so F*CK THEM

DrivingSpanner
15-12-04, 06:52 PM
probably best not to say that to them tho as they will book you for sure.... they hate to be told how to suck eggs

Jack
15-12-04, 08:49 PM
i know the laws on tinting widows so i will tell the copper to f**k off

the laws are

It is ILLIGAL to tint you front windscreen
It is LEGAL to tint you front side windows but you must let 75% of light throught them.
It is LEGAL to tint you rear windows to hide any sort of system you my have in you boot or back seats ;)

so F*CK THEM

Thats very true, but bear in mind some cars - including, I believe, nova SRi's and GSi's - have pre-tinted windows. Only very small amount, but will be enough to put you beyond the legal limits on window tints. I remember when there was a big thing around where I live about window tints, and I have 35% tints on all side windows but never got any unwanted attention from the fuzz; and the only times they have checked my car over they're usually only interested in the tyres (and how the front bumper is held on lol)

chapers
15-12-04, 10:32 PM
a little bit off the subject, how would i find out what % tint the windows are? because im buying a set but the person im buying them off isnt sure weather they are legal tint for front windows.

chaps