PDA

View Full Version : sum questions

Ricks
14-12-04, 10:03 PM
how many litres is a full tank on a j reg mk2 nova 1.2 merit.
how many miles can i do once its on red.
is there an indication on the dash tht im gunna run out of petty.

cheers pps :)

Jim
14-12-04, 10:16 PM
Was anyone else expecting a mathematical question?

Jim

dan-hipgrave
14-12-04, 10:20 PM
IIRC a petrol tank is 42 litres mate.

When mine is in the red i tend to find i can get around 30 miles before its really low, but it all depends on your driving style really :wink:

On my old 1.2 dials there was no indication that i was about to run out apart from the guage itself - but my GSi dials have an orange light next to the guage that lights up when its in the red..

Ricks
14-12-04, 10:21 PM
lol soz dude

Ricks
16-12-04, 12:45 PM
come on some one must know

Jack
16-12-04, 01:02 PM
Haynes manual should say? I don't have mine to hand so can't check, but afaik its a shade over 40 litres - I've put 40 litres in and its filled it up from almost empty. I've had about 50 miles going thru the red on mine - but its never a good idea to go too far into the red as you'll suck a load of poop from the fuel tank into your engine.

As Dan said, there's no indication of how low you are except for the needle itself.

Alex
16-12-04, 01:07 PM
i just most off u know these kind off things

:?:

Matt Nova
16-12-04, 01:28 PM
but my GSi dials have an orange light next to the guage that lights up when its in the red..

does your petrol light light up in your 1.2?

i've got SR clocks and it dosen't sem to come on, never been brave enough to test to see if it comes on later.....

epo
16-12-04, 02:03 PM
i just most off u know these kind off things

:?:

translation

"i just thought most of you know these kind of things"

chav dictionary pays for its self :lol: :lol:

dunova
16-12-04, 02:10 PM
What's the point in driving until it's that low? Just put some in when you hit 1/4 of a tank or abit less. You're not going to get any extra MPG :lol:

And by taking it that low you're just putting all the sh!te from the bottom of the tank in your engine :!:

Alex
16-12-04, 02:14 PM
if you carry less petrol = less weight = less petrol used to move the car

works better with bigger cars/tanks though

Jack
16-12-04, 02:19 PM
if you carry less petrol = less weight = less petrol used to move the car

Just out of curiousity... how much does 42 litres of petrol weigh??

dunova
16-12-04, 02:19 PM
When its the difference between roughly half a tank and empty though its going to save you approximately 10p on petrol. Although if 'Ricks' likes taking his petrol that low it might be enough for him to just about crawl to the next petrol station.

Alex
16-12-04, 02:32 PM
well if Topgear worked out that having a moustache means you pay an extra ?10 on petrol per year becasue of the weight, it may make a difference running on 1/2 a tank as opposed to full

Alex
16-12-04, 02:33 PM
1 litre of water weighs exactly 1kg. I believe that petrol would be a little heavier.

Stuart
16-12-04, 03:03 PM
1 cubic metre of unleaded weighs 730-780Kg

and 1 cubic metre of water weighs 1 ton (roughly)

so it appears a litre of petrol weighs 780g

running my omega on half a tank as opposed to a full tank makes MASSIVE mpg differences.

running a nova low is just stupid and pointless.

Nick
16-12-04, 06:06 PM
i would have said that petrol weighs less, as it's less dense and more volotile than water.

Does anyone know what the Reserve is on a digidash !? i.e when the orange surround starts flashing.

Ricks
16-12-04, 06:08 PM
thanks guys u all helped reason is cause i always shit myself when it gets at red cause alot of roads around my area arent straight so its hard to tell. and im struggling for money at the moment cause im paying some stuff off.
than :D ks once again everyone who answered.

Ricks
16-12-04, 06:09 PM
thanks guys you all helped reason is cause i always shit myself when it gets at red cause alot of roads around my area arent straight so its hard to tell. and im struggling for money at the moment cause im paying some stuff off.
than :D ks once again everyone who answered.