PDA

View Full Version : NL 2005 Calendars - Now Printed!

Jim
14-12-04, 07:33 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been busy doing some calendars for next year and have managed to get them 99% finished.

I've been to the printers to get a price. The printers have quoted ?6 per Calendar. For this they will do the 13 pages (12 months of the year and the front cover, a laminated cover and card at the back, as well as binding the whole lot together. The price I got was for 50 calendars to be printed. The price will fluctuate depending on how many calendars are wanted. The more we want, the cheaper it'll be and vice versa.

All I need to know is who would like one. The sooner you reply, the sooner I can get the printers to start doing them. If all goes well, I might be able to get them sent out to people before the end of the year. However, I will have to add P&P to the ?6.

If any of you are going to the MK Meeting and don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for the calendar, I'd prefer to do this rather than having to rely on the wonderful postage service ;)

Anyway, I'm sure you'd like to view the goods before purchasing, so here are months January-November. December is my car and I'm currently waiting on some pics to be developed, I shall update the post as soon as I've done December:

January (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/January.jpg)

February (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/February.jpg)

March (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/March.jpg)

April (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/April.jpg)

May (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/May.jpg)

June (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/June.jpg)

July (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/July.jpg)

August (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/August.jpg)

September (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/September.jpg)

October (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/October.jpg)

November (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/November.jpg)

December (http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/NL2005Calendar/December.jpg)

The images have been reduced in quality, so dont worry if you cant read all the text.

I'd appreciate it if those of you that want one could reply to this post with how many you want. I may be able to get the first 50 printed early next week (if there are that many orders)

Cheers guys

Jim

Philsutton
14-12-04, 07:43 PM
There is one small picture of my nova on it so i shall be buying one lol Definately will have one. When will you need the money for it?

Ian
14-12-04, 07:50 PM
very good, ill order one, but one bit of constructive criticism, make the nl logo background white instead of black?

Jim
14-12-04, 07:50 PM
There is one small picture of my nova on it so i shall be buying one lol Definately will have one. When will you need the money for it?

LOL, you dont know how hard it was to find a picture of your car from the Mikey meet, you must have been taking people for spins every time someone was taking pics.

As soon as I get a decent number of people wanting a calendar I shall then ask for people to send me the money (unless they wish to wait till the MK meet to avoid paying P&P)

Jim

Ian
14-12-04, 07:51 PM
ps when you taking your car up the pod? ;)

a11ova
14-12-04, 07:52 PM
ong where's my bag lol :P

Jim
14-12-04, 07:55 PM
very good, ill order one, but one bit of constructive criticism, make the nl logo background white instead of black?

Done, will be on the final calendars.

Jim

Philsutton
14-12-04, 07:59 PM
i think its no one wants to be seen with photos of a 5 door nova

LukeManic
14-12-04, 08:02 PM
i would love one of those please, how do i get hold of one?
thanks

Stanton
14-12-04, 08:04 PM
one word = awesome

Mel
14-12-04, 08:16 PM
Brilliant, well done Jim.

I definately want one, but would refer to pay for it/collect it at the MK meet if thas ok?

dan-hipgrave
14-12-04, 08:20 PM
some really nice cars on there, I will have one definately :D

Chris
14-12-04, 08:32 PM
I will take 2 of them off you Jim thanks. I would prefer to pay by a bank transfer if thats ok. PM me for details

Chris

Jim
14-12-04, 08:36 PM
i would love one of those please, how do i get hold of one?
thanks

I will post details as soon as I get a rough number of how many to get printed.

Jim

Riggy
14-12-04, 08:43 PM
ill take 2 aswell jim :lol:

ps there lookin good

novataka
14-12-04, 08:52 PM
ill have one to m8

Col_Mk1
14-12-04, 09:14 PM
there mint

elsey197
14-12-04, 09:19 PM
cool, look really good jim. What happened to last years cars? :P Dont recognise half of this years

Mitchybee
14-12-04, 10:41 PM
I'll have one dude

benji
15-12-04, 12:06 AM
i'll have one.

Stuart
15-12-04, 08:03 AM
* 2 please sweetie

Ben
15-12-04, 08:36 AM
I will have one

(not bitching but on Wills car the spec is wrong as its got TB's and a Mantzel powerbox which is both his engines in one lol)

Will F
15-12-04, 09:14 AM
I will take 4 please!!

Well done Jim!

(And what Ben Said! lol)

Ste L
15-12-04, 11:15 AM
i'll defo take one :D

epo
15-12-04, 11:24 AM
my cars on so like phill ill have one thanks

hendrix
15-12-04, 12:04 PM
wow my nova made it on :o
thanx jim. kinda tarnishes the august page tho :lol:
Ill take one

James B
15-12-04, 12:16 PM
ill have one please jim

NovaNeil
15-12-04, 12:53 PM
I'll take 2 please Jim...

Cheers

Neil

Nova13SRacer
15-12-04, 01:02 PM
I'll be having one of those please jim.

Richard

NOVA_GTEUK
15-12-04, 06:33 PM
Ill take one to jim any chance i can pay by paypal ? :?:

scott.parker
15-12-04, 07:59 PM
Two for me please jim,i would like to pay at the mk meet if enough people do the same,cheers.

They look ace mate,maybe mine will be good enough to make next years :D

scott

Rach
15-12-04, 08:02 PM
i'll take one too please Jim...

:D

Jim
15-12-04, 08:04 PM
(not bitching but on Wills car the spec is wrong as its got TB's and a Mantzel powerbox which is both his engines in one lol)

I can only go by what information people give me and Will said it had a Mantzel Pwer Box Fitted, but I noticed the TB's so thought I'd best mention those on the specification.

Am I to remove the bit about the Mantzel Power Box? Come on people, throw me a freekin' bone! :P

Thanks for all your comments though.

I shall try and sort out electronic payment, but I dont have a paypal account set up at the minute.

So far there seems to be about 30 orders which is fantastic, so I will probably get about 40 done for the time being and then the rest will have to be printed off in smaller batches.

Cheers guys

Jim

scott.parker
15-12-04, 08:13 PM
cool,so will you be getting some in a small batch for the MK meet?

scott

Jim
15-12-04, 08:16 PM
cool,so will you be getting some in a small batch for the MK meet?

Yeah, I'm hoping I can shift most of them at the MK meet rather than having to post them as we all know what the postal service is like, but I'll see how it goes.

Jim

Nick
15-12-04, 08:16 PM
do you make any money on the calendars jim ?

if so i could suggest a good charity to put it towards (im sure alot of other people will know what charity it is)

Jim
15-12-04, 08:32 PM
do you make any money on the calendars jim ?

if so i could suggest a good charity to put it towards (im sure alot of other people will know what charity it is)

It depends on how many are ordered, the more that are ordered, the cheaper it is and I might be able to make some money, but it'll literally be a couple of quid. Any money I do make will either go to charity or Novaload.

Jim

Nick
15-12-04, 08:48 PM
can't you charge a bit more !? even just ?2 more per person.

it's christmas after all, don't be scrooge (callender buyers)

i'm sure a charity would appreciate even ?60 !

J122LVR
15-12-04, 09:03 PM
nice work m8 i'll have 2 please thanx and could i pay by online banking please cheers :)

nam
16-12-04, 04:54 PM
i'll be having one please jim, i'm not to sure if i can make it to the MK meet but would you be able to post them if not?

cheers, Nam

wisewood
16-12-04, 07:37 PM
I'll have one mate. Obviously since i helped decide what went into it lol.

PS. I'm sure kev would appreciate a novaload donation for the extra couple of quid if anyone is feeling flush enough to fork out an extra couple of quid for anything. Novaload might not be a registered charity, but it's certainly a worthy cause.

Stuart
16-12-04, 09:10 PM
not wishing to sound like an evil git BUT

granted jim "might" make some money from this enterprise, but hes gone to the effort of making these himself with bugger all help from us. Hes the one doing all the work and so on, and its for novaload benefit that they are made.

so to litterally hold people to emotional blackmail saying "its only a few quid extra and we could give it to charity, i think we all know which one" is a little harsh. we raised a fcuk load of cash for the mikey meet (bearing in mind there isnt a lot of mega flush mebers here), and not wishing to sound mean but there is a time and place for charity, so "adding numbers on for that" is a little crap TBH.

yes by all means donate yourselves im not stopping you form doing that lol, its just the acctual running of NL costs money in the first palce, and if the site wasnt ehre then youlot wouldnt have your free resource to play in and there deffo wouldnt be anywhere dontaing to christes.

i hope some of that made sense

scott.parker
16-12-04, 09:18 PM
yes it makes sense mate,but have you been to the pub? :lol:

It's normaly me that makes spelling mistakes :wink:

scott

Will
16-12-04, 09:29 PM
very impressive :o

i will have one please :D

Dave
17-12-04, 12:02 AM
count me in for 3!
also pm sent!

Ben
17-12-04, 08:51 AM
Will's Spec...

Fully rebuilt 1600 16v Running SBD 164 throttle body Kit with cream injectors, courtenay cams, ported and polished inlet, SBD steel headgasket, lightened bottom end and flywheel with 3 piece racing clutch on a F13CR gearbox.

This is a rough spec as it keeps bleedin changing all the time and Will is off work and not online until monday.

I will have my calender @ MK meet please.

NovaNeil
17-12-04, 12:29 PM
Could I have another please Jim, bringing my total to 3.

Cheers

Neil

MattyWoo
17-12-04, 06:25 PM
Can i have one as well please jim. I will collect... at some point. :)

Jim
17-12-04, 07:30 PM
i'll be having one please jim, i'm not to sure if i can make it to the MK meet but would you be able to post them if not?

Yes, I can post them.

Did you? :P

granted jim "might" make some money from this enterprise, but hes gone to the effort of making these himself with bugger all help from us. Hes the one doing all the work and so on, and its for novaload benefit that they are made.

To clear things up, I will NOT be making any money from this. Any profit that is made will be going to Novaload.

I did these because I wanted too and because last years didn't happen unfortunatley.

Jim

wisewood
17-12-04, 07:38 PM

Did you? :P

Yeah, once... long long time ago :roll:

Jim
17-12-04, 10:44 PM
The latest count is at 40 Calendars. Kev has kindly set up a paypal account for those of you that wish to pay over the internet (the more of you that do this the better - unless you are going to the MK Meet in which case I would prefer to accept payment there). When you pay by paypal, you will be essentially making a ?7 donation to Novaload and in return you will get your calendar/s :)

Now I did mention that I would have to charge for postage, so the total price for the Calendars will be ?7. I hope this doesnt put any of you off, but I wanted to make sure I would be covered for postage costs as some of you are ordering more than one, and hence the package will be heavier and cost more.

Also, this will increase any profit that is made to help keep this site running, and who knows, I may do them next year (at the moment, there proving more hassle than it's worth, lol)

Now the printers are obviously busy at this time of year, but I will get a CD to them by Monday and they said they will be able to get them done by the end of the week. I shall press the printers (excuse the pun) to get them done before Christmas Eve so that I can get some posted ASAP.

I will be putting up another post regarding payment which I will ask you all to read extremley carefully.

Thanks guys

Jim

wisewood
18-12-04, 10:13 AM
Nice one Jim. I shall be fetching my card to work tomorrow morning. :D Excellent.

Riggy
18-12-04, 12:09 PM
cheers jim just paid mine :lol:

Snowface
18-12-04, 03:09 PM
looks really nice. can see a lot of time has gone into that.

off topic slightly....

1 quiestion:

October. 125bhp on a 1.4 8v with only T40's and head work.
Is that for real?

Paul
18-12-04, 04:16 PM
Its not just head work and t40's, its got cam and 2 1/4" exhaust system.

Rolling Road Results:

Stock RST with filter 130bhp
Astra GTE 16V with straight through exhaust and filter 157bhp
Mine 125bhp

All the others seem bloosy accurate to me...

Jim
18-12-04, 06:03 PM
I've added December to the list. The link is on the first page with the other months.

Jim

srs1
18-12-04, 07:23 PM
i will def have one please jim. will pay at mk meet also.

krobinson
18-12-04, 09:58 PM
Put me down Jim :D i'll sort you out through paypal!

Keith

VXRALLY
19-12-04, 03:51 PM
yes please mate. pm me when your ready to sort payment

Barn
19-12-04, 05:37 PM
Paid for mine earlier.

Hope to get it soon :+:

karl Rowntree
19-12-04, 11:28 PM
Jim, i will take one at the MK meet if thats ok mate. Will pay you on the day?

Karl

Jim
20-12-04, 07:23 PM
Yep, no problem Karl.

Cheers

Jim

?Marty?
20-12-04, 07:25 PM
Really like this!

Can't remember if i replied to this one yet or not lol

Jim
21-12-04, 08:02 PM
Just to let you all know I picked up a proof of the calendar today and I am very pleased with the outcome.

If all goes well they should be ready on Thursday, so I might be able to get some of them sent off before Christmas day (don't hold me to this though, as I've got some christmas shopping still to do, lol).

I'll keep you posted.

Jim

namkeaps
21-12-04, 10:24 PM
Hi

am interested in one of these ... how much do i need to send a cheque for one mate?

cheers

paul

Jim
21-12-04, 10:28 PM
Here...

Calendar Payment Details (http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103299)

Jim

namkeaps
21-12-04, 11:45 PM
cheers mate

if i used my head would have seen that lol

paid now :D

hope to see the calender soon mate

thanks!!

andy16vturbo
22-12-04, 01:56 PM
i want 2 mate! catch me on msn later!

Ben
24-12-04, 09:34 AM
Jim will pay you @ MK.

Jim
24-12-04, 11:05 AM
Hi guys,

all the calendars are now printed. I bought some envelopes this morning, so should be able to start packaging them up. I will have to take them to the post office to send them as I dont think a first class stamp will cover the cost, especially if there is more than 1 calendar in an envelope.

Thanks for being patient.

Cheers

Jim

Clutch
24-12-04, 11:18 AM
Very nice Jim.
I love my month :twisted:
Can you send me one to Portugal?

Jim
24-12-04, 11:36 AM
Very nice Jim.

Of course. I already had at least one reserved for you :)

If you can pay for the calendars using the paypal option that would make life a lot easier.

Glad you like your month, thanks for getting the pictures to me. Looking forward to the invite over to portugal so we can see the car in the flesh ;)

Have a good christmas

Jim

epo
24-12-04, 02:15 PM
Very nice Jim.

Of course. I already had at least one reserved for you :)

If you can pay for the calendars using the paypal option that would make life a lot easier.

Glad you like your month, thanks for getting the pictures to me. Looking forward to the invite over to portugal so we can see the car in the flesh ;)

Have a good christmas

Jim

lol there will be a few wanting to go over and see it id love to :D

Clutch
26-12-04, 12:36 PM
I don?t how to use that kind of payments but if you send me to my adress i will pay on delivery, after all is just a calendar.
Thanks Jim, happy christmas to all novaload people.

Mitchybee
27-12-04, 12:32 AM
Give me a shout and i wil sort you the money out dude

Will
27-12-04, 12:37 PM
ill come pick mine up when ur free jimm :)

dan-hipgrave
27-12-04, 10:08 PM
payment sent mate :+: