PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 standrad exhaust downpipe to saloon rear part....

broody
14-12-04, 06:44 PM
My saloon was a 1ltr so the downpipe was at the back and now its a 1.4, ive got a manifold on the 1.4 but no downpipe, which down pipe will i need, will any be ok? the downpipe ended just before the center silencer.

Philsutton
14-12-04, 07:02 PM
i'd use a 1.4 exhaust that will be a straight fit

broody
14-12-04, 07:17 PM
the full exhaist system that is on it atm is BRAND NEW, so id like to keep the rear end, just wondering if a 1.4 down pipe would match up and meet the rear end of the old exhust, are they the same including the rear box, do they Just have a longer tailpipe?

sTuDeNt
14-12-04, 08:17 PM
Mate I hope you do realise that exhausts for sallons is a right pain! I also hope you realise that hatch full exhaust wont fit saloon as they are longer. Now in case of using 1.4 down pipe, your best bet would be to cut the middle silencer off and replace it with a piece of straight pipe and then join it with the downpipe.

P.S.

i have been strugling with exhaust for my saloon for ages now! :cry:

Nick
14-12-04, 08:50 PM
the full exhaist system that is on it atm is BRAND NEW, ?

kwikfit = ?67 for whole new nova exhaust. dont be stingey

Nick
14-12-04, 08:50 PM
or just "bend" it if it doesn't fit on :-)

heheheheehe

Philsutton
14-12-04, 08:56 PM
standard exhaust cost pennies brand new, stop moaning an get the 1.4 one. One the saloon i though it was only the back box thats longer, the rest of the system is the same as hatch.

Riggy
14-12-04, 08:56 PM
neil the exausts wont mate up mate

you will have to get a 1.4 down pipe and the middle 2 sections as you can use the salons rear box as like already said the tailpipe is longer

i can get you a brand new one from my motot factors for about ?30 for the 3 sections when you come get the rest of your stuff lol :wink: